Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #136
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Switching between my PC and Tapatalk on my Galaxy Note I have had no problem with double posting or anything like that. As far as entering text and keeping my posts up to date it is working splendidly.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #137
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
How do you upload from the server?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #138
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Every time I try to upload a picture from my iPad I get a sign-in error message.
Alright, I think we got this one solved. First Tapatalk bug found.

We used a custom location for the Tapatalk server application. Tapatalk added support for this not too long ago. Unfortunately, in some client applications, like the one from App Store, it still has the default location hard-coded for some locations. That was easy to spot see in our log files. Hence we moved the application back to its default location. Let's see how it works!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #139
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
How do you upload from the server?
ProfCrash, can you please try again uploading something to this thread via Tapatalk? See my previous post why it may not have worked for you.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #140
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Please keeping going to provide your feedback / share your experience here. We'll go through it and see what issues could be related to our server setup and which ones to Tapatalk.
Thanks, Alex! So far, all good from my iPhone and Android ICS Tablet. :thumbup:
Testing to make sure I can upload a pic... (From iPhone)Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344027057.749240.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	90138

Eta: Doh. I see your followups now. As usual, slow as I am, I should have refreshed the thread before posting.

Last edited by Piper_; 08-03-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #141
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344027220.013610.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	90141

Test
Old 08-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #142
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Weird. I posted a pic here, it shows in the participated column, but it does not show in the topic. The picture did show in another thread.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #143
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Prof, I can see your pic here (two posts above). Perhaps some bug in your Tapatalk client software.Did you check if you're running the latest version of Tapatalk?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #144
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Why do you prefer this to the other upload option?

It is there now. I bought the app today so I am assuming it is the latest version.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #145
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
Just trying to post something via Tapatalk..
It seems it all works good except the automatic signature..

Uploading two little albums covers: this one is been uploaded on Tapatalk servers..

[Graphic deleted by moderator.]

The second cover is been uploaded on the forum itself, so it results attached below..

It works like a charm; I'm sure we'll also have the signature soon..

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-03-2012 at 05:20 PM.
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #146
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
My signature show up, not on the Tapatalk app though, but when I check it on the board it is there. Try and use your browser on your Android Smartphone and see if it isn't there.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #147
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Why do you prefer this to the other upload option?
With the current upload option, images uploaded via Tapatalk are stored on MobileRead servers, as usual.

With the other (disabled) option, we'd be at the mercy of Tapatalk as content would get uploaded to their servers, over which we don't have control. If Tapatalk decides one day to go out of business, or to stop offering image hosting, we'd have a problem. Or if we one day decide to replace Tapatalk with another mobile solution, we might also have a problem. Then there an issue with privacy, since not everyone would agree to have their content stored with another company. There is really not a good reason to go with that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
You mean the "Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2" kind of signature? This is currently disabled. I am not sure how much demand there is for this feature, but we'd prefer not to use it to keep posts clean with relevant information.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #148
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
It is there now. I bought the app today so I am assuming it is the latest version.
Cool. Perhaps it was a refreshing issue in the app.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #149
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I deleted that signature because I find it silly. Glad you disabled it.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #150
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
Just trying to post something via Tapatalk..
It seems it all works good except the automatic signature..

Uploading two little albums covers: this one is been uploaded on Tapatalk servers..

[Graphic deleted by moderator.]

The second cover is been uploaded on the forum itself, so it results attached below..

Glad it works, but remember when posting images that MobileRead is intended to be a family-safe and work-safe website.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote