Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
JMyers
Enthusiast
JMyers began at the beginning.

Device: classic nook
Stylus

I have a Classic Nook and have always found that using the touchscreen keyboard was hard and I found I was always hitting the wrong keys. Well I found a stylus that really works!
Kensington 2nd Generation Apple iPad / iPhone / iPod / Motorola Xoom Tablet / Galaxy / Blackberry Playbook Stylus and Pen

I found it at Amazon.com. It also is a regular pen as well. I love the texture of the outside as there is a slight texture so very easy to hold on to without slipping. I love the idea that it's also a pen as well. The stylus is slim so hitting the correct letters on the keyboard is very easy and it works great!
JMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
I found a similar product at FRY's made by Targus. Works great as well and fits in the spine of my NOOKcolor.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I thought that the touchscreen required body heat to work. Don't they even say in the instruction manual that things like pens won't work? I am not doubting your word that this device works, but it is surprising to me. Do you have to warm it first?
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
The NOOKclassic touchscreen is capacitive, so it works on the principle that we have a weak but existent conductive field. So when you touch the touchscreen, it disturbs the electric field that spans the screen, and thereby detects it.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Capacitive

It's the same as the iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad, but different to a Nintendo DS if that makes it any clearer.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Ah, I see. That explains why it didn't work when I tried the eraser at the end of a pencil last night. I figured this thread must be incorrect, or at least I couldn't figure out how it could be right. But the special styluses they sell obviously must be conductive, which explains it. Interesting.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert