Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
how to get rid of Android

I have rooted my T1 a while back, never found any use for it. I would like to unroot my T1 back to just Sony firmware. How can I do that?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
No way to "get rid of Android", because Sony T1 is based on Android, still you can go back to the stock-FW.

Scroll several post down, there is
PRS-T1 Need help going back to stock. it should give you a start.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
morantis
Zealot
morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Each model has a specific button combination during startup to go into a menu which allows resetting to factory software.
morantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by morantis View Post
Each model has a specific button combination during startup to go into a menu which allows resetting to factory software.
Wow, enlighten me, where to find this magic.

There is "hard-reset" or restore factory-settings,
which will clear the memory, erase all books, and clear out settings, but isn't capable of restoring the firmware itself (to my limited knowledge).
OP wrote that he has rooted his device.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #5
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Wow, enlighten me, where to find this magic.

There is "hard-reset" or restore factory-settings,
which will clear the memory, erase all books, and clear out settings, but isn't capable of restoring the firmware itself (to my limited knowledge).
OP wrote that he has rooted his device.
well I did exactly that, followed Sony's instruction and did a set of button combination and reset the device and now there is no evidence of rooting.

Now the device is faster and snappier than with Android on.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
well I did exactly that, followed Sony's instruction and did a set of button combination and reset the device and now there is no evidence of rooting.

Now the device is faster and snappier than with Android on.
What you've done is restore to original content but you have not eliminated Android, as noted earlier, the operating system of the T1 is Android, all you've done is reduce your ability to access it which is fine for most users (as they generally just want to use it to read) and will generally run faster...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote