Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Even more Kindle minutiae

There are two phone numbers in the Kindle manual PDF. They are both currently functional, and lead to the same customer service line of a company called something like ?Theona Beta?.

Has anyone called them? Did the phone numbers work last year? How long have the numbers been functional?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Let me clarify: The numbers are not listed in any phone book. I called both, and listened to the intro message.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Nate, could you repost the numbers here? I haven't had the chance yet to dig through the leaked Kindle manual.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Nate, could you repost the numbers here? I haven't had the chance yet to dig through the leaked Kindle manual.
866-321-8851
206-266-0927

The 206 area code is of course in Seattle.
The 866 is a toll free number.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I love you guys around here. A bit sneaky but down to earth and just damned curious - in more ways than one!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I love you guys around here. A bit sneaky but down to earth and just damned curious - in more ways than one!
I don't see how I'm sneaky. All the stuff I've dug up is on the net. Any journalist could have found it. I have been repeatedly surprised that I keep finding stuff no one bothered to look for.

But thank you anyway.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

OMG...

The numbers in the current manual are the same as in the old one. I just realized that the phone numbers have been functional since at least the end of October, and the company name I heard wasn't "Theona Beta" but "Fiona beta". We now know that Fiona was their codeword for the Kindle.

I am so kicking myself for not having the guts to follow through on this.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:11 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
OMG...

The numbers in the current manual are the same as in the old one. I just realized that the phone numbers have been functional since at least the end of October, and the company name I heard wasn't "Theona Beta" but "Fiona beta". We now know that Fiona was their codeword for the Kindle.

I am so kicking myself for not having the guts to follow through on this.
LOL! Who would have thought that a female first person name would be affiliated with the Kindle Reader
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote