Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #46
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
We drizzle a lot
I really enjoyed the two months of summer when it actually quit drizzling. Point Defiance Park was my favorite.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I really enjoyed the two months of summer when it actually quit drizzling. Point Defiance Park was my favorite.
It's easily the best urban park in the region.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm rediscovering the thrill of reading magazines on my Xoom using zinio! Woo-Hoo!

I wish my library carried Azimovs and Fantasy and Science Fiction though.

Reading Analogs, The Writer, Science, Harpers, Rolling Stone....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm rediscovering the thrill of reading magazines on my Xoom using zinio! Woo-Hoo!

I wish my library carried Azimovs and Fantasy and Science Fiction though.

Reading Analogs, The Writer, Science, Harpers, Rolling Stone....
Great for large tablets, ain't it?

It would seem that most libraries pretty much carry the same content. Maybe they're getting some special package deal from Zinio and the publishers?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #50
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The offerings from my two accessible libraries is significantly different....one has very few...the other maybe medium? hard to say not knowing the full extent of what is available.

Yes very readable, usable on a larger tablet!
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
The offerings from my two accessible libraries is significantly different....one has very few...the other maybe medium? hard to say not knowing the full extent of what is available.

Yes very readable, usable on a larger tablet!
My libraries seem to offer the same stuff. Strike my previous comment

The Nook HD+ 9" would make a great Zinio tablet. Currently priced at $149 (16GB), a Black Friday price cut would be most welcome.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #52
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
So far, three libraries and I don't think any of them support this at all.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #53
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Looks like my local library has a fairly decent collection of mainstream magazines. I've checked out the latest issues of Rolling Stone and National Geographic to check out the zinio app.
I can't seem to find any info regarding the return date/check out period.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #54
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybuns View Post
Looks like my local library has a fairly decent collection of mainstream magazines. I've checked out the latest issues of Rolling Stone and National Geographic to check out the zinio app.
I can't seem to find any info regarding the return date/check out period.
Quote:
No limits — Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you
wish
from: http://www.in.gov/library/files/zini...e_june2013.pdf

I presume that is true of all libraries using zinio magazine checkouts.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #55
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, wow! I am going to save a TON of money on magazine subscriptions... But this service must cost my library a small fortune!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #56
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage
I do wonder how it works for them financially. I'm using my library more than ever now, with ebooks and emagazines, but I'm not giving them a cent for it. My one also lets me read newspapers online, but they're limited to 5 users per session of use.
spersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #57
kennyc

Your tax dollars at work!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #58
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, but I'm a housewife at the moment and don't pay any!! Still, I love the service they're offering, although I don't actually get into the library all that much. It has made me more appreciative of them though, and I do have two physical books on reserve (but only because they don't appear on Kobo to purchase or seemingly in any epub format anywhere online that I can purchase from Australia).
Old 11-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #59
stickybuns
Evangelist

I found a random FAQ on a library website that says the per magazine subscription cost is more, but since an unlimited number of patrons can read an e-magazine, the per patron cost is (technically) less.

I've got an overdue pbook; I think I just might add in a bit extra when I pay my fine.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #60
spersephone
Zealot

The only issue I'm having is that sometimes they have quite old issues in there to "borrow". I've got two titles that I read weekly, which are at least two weeks out of date for what's available. Additionally, lately the covers haven't been visible until you open the magazine details up in a new page/tab, so you can't just glance at it and work out if you've already got it.