Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Selecting to create a backup at the book level?

I know that there's a global setting to have calibre create a backup "_original" copy of the ePub when doing an ePub-to-ePub conversion. I turned it off because I didn't necessarily want future conversions to keep using that "original" file.

However, I'm finding - when I try to use the CSS addition of "*{font-family: sans-serif;}" to switch to a san-serif font - certain of the ebooks (and it seems to be certain publishers and/or created after certain dates) will only convert the italic words to san-serif.

Is there a way in the conversion script (or maybe this is a suggestion?) to select at the time of conversion to create a backup? Once I'm comfortable that it's usually only a particular publisher, as an example, I could choose to make a backup at conversion, in case the CSS fails.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote