Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 07-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Glompish
Glompish doesn't litterGlompish doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Arc 10HD
Arc 10HD update.zip

After a factory reset, I somehow lost everything on the device (no settings widget, nothing - just the barest Android installation I've ever seen).

I've been looking around for the latest update.zip for the Arc 10HD to try and fix the problem, but haven't been able to find it. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to point me in the right direction?
Glompish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:24 AM   #2
Glompish

Well, after tearing my hair out for over a month trying to find a stock ROM, Kobo came to my aid.

I've been given permission to share it, so if anyone else ends up in a similar bind you can download it here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!74o3BSaa!08uTD6...gXLwaLU-bWtaaU

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6n...an-ota-932.zip

As I couldn't enable USB debugging ADB would not detect the device using stock recovery. I had to sideload it:

Reboot into recovery mode and select the option to update using ADB sideload. ADB should now detect the device, but only allows sideloading.

Copy the .zip into your ADB directory.

Copy and paste this into your shell window:

adb sideload macallan-ota-932.zip

The device should then automatically start updating. After it's finished your device should be as it was out of the box (or maybe a few updates later/earlier depending on when you bought it).

This method also works using CWM if you're using that instead of stock. You'll be given an option before reboot to prevent CWM being over-written by the stock recovery.

Last edited by Glompish; 08-27-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Adding mirror
Old 08-19-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
why would you password protect this? can't even download
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
why would you password protect this? can't even download
I downloaded it on August 15, 2014 without needing a password and the .zip file opened happily. I suspect that Mega has made some changes that are now causing an issue.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Glompish

I didn't password protect it. No idea why you're having problems, the file keys are already there in the URL. This is my first time trying out Mega though, and it is a bit rubbish.~

Stuck another link up on MediaFire, always meant to add a few backups anyway and this gave me the needed kick up the arse.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
ipse
Connoisseur
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura, Arc 10HD
Appreciate the time to post it for the rest of us, cheers.
ipse is offline   Reply With Quote