Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #16
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
@aceflor: can you tell me where to find those drivers? Is it on the PC (I guess so)? Or on the device?
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #17
LightWaljer
LightWaljer began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Will this method work on a M96M device?
LightWaljer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2014, 04:54 AM   #18
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWaljer View Post
Will this method work on a M96M device?
Yes, but you need to do it in a a little bit differently way:

please try following:

1. switch off your device (press and hold power on button for 10 sec
2. Download adb package here:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...10/M96/adb.zip and MFG tool here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...fa90c_user.zip and unzip it to your PC.

3. Make sure USB debugging mode of your M96 is On (Apps->Settings-> Developer options->USB Debugging should be checked) and connect your device to the PC
4. Ignore the question about using your device as USB storage.
5. Go to the adb folder with unziped files and start Command Prompt
6 .at the command line type: adb reboot download (enter)
Your device should change into download mode now

8. Start MFG Tools from unzipped folder. You should be able to see an HID conform device in list of connected devices. Press Start and wait for installation procedure has been processed.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #19
LightWaljer
LightWaljer began at the beginning.

Thank you, Booxtor

The method work perfectly.

Yet there is one little tweak for M96M (Zeus edition) users. As much as I know, this one is sold in Russia only. The main difference from M96 (without M) is that M96M lacks the audio output. You can't 'convert' it to the Booxtor edition in "normal" way, using update, since it does not recognize Booxtor updates.

MGF tool will do the trick, but there is one thing that should be done before flashing. When you unzip the package with MGF tool, go to the folder " /Profiles/MX6SL Linux Update/OS Firmware/files/pcba_test " and open the file "hwinfo" (it can be done with Notepad, e.g.). You should see the text

WIFI:1
IR:0
TP:1
AUDIO:1
LIGHT:0
RESOLUTION:HD
RAM:512
BLUETOOTH:1

Change the string with AUDIO to "AUDIO:0", then do flashing as described above. Otherwise you will not pass the board test or somethig like that in MFG tool.

Best regards,
Mike
LightWaljer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #20
ereader25
Enthusiast
ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.

Device: looking
How could I make this work for the Afterglow 2 (Artatech C67ML)?
ereader25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 09:14 PM   #21
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I've been having problems getting this to work. After the initial status bar preparing everything and getting the "You need to format ..." message I kept getting a push error. Finally it occurred to me that I should be running this as administrator. Viola! Everything works.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #22
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
I've been having problems getting this to work. After the initial status bar preparing everything and getting the "You need to format ..." message I kept getting a push error. Finally it occurred to me that I should be running this as administrator. Viola! Everything works.
I don't really think it was running as administrator. I just happened to work that time. In using this tool whether it works is kind of random for me.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #23
half binary
half binary began at the beginning.

I tried to install the booxtor version with the provided adb tool, but it would just say:
Quote:
error: device not found
I downloaded and extracted the adb package and MFG tool as decribed above. Put the M96 (arstech version) into debug usb mode, connect it to the PC, and in an command line launch
Quote:
adb reboot download
Did I missed a step? The PC does not mount the device as an external drive, should it do it? Only Android ADB Interface is visible on the "eject hardware" button.

Did someone had the same experience?
half binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #24
JimMcLaren
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by half binary View Post
I downloaded and extracted the adb package and MFG tool as decribed above. Put the M96 (arstech version) into debug usb mode, connect it to the PC, and in an command line launch
This thread is for a T68 after all. For M96 try this.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #25
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur
DoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmos

Device: T68 Lynx, T68+
I'm just about to receive my Lynx T68. Question: let's say that I apply the change as given by booxtor in the first post, to get me to version 2014-07-15. Can I then apply booxtor's latest 2015_04_17 update.zip in the normal way?

Or, should I unpack the latest update.zip as per post #7 before I use the mfgtool2?

Thanks, Warren
DoctorWkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:20 AM   #26
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle PW2, Onyx Boox M96
I did something similar on the M96. Basically, once you switch to the Booxtor 2014-07-15 version you then can update the device to the newest version in the standard way.
Rosa_WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 AM   #27
CamilleBC
CamilleBC began at the beginning.

Device: Poke 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitblaster View Post
Hi, I'm trying to revert the firmware to original Lynx version, your support is great and your version of sw is infinitely better than Artatech one, but i decided to return the t68 to Amazon because of the touch screen issues.
In your package I replaced the update.zip file with the one found on onyx website, which is the exact version (2014-06-26_16-16_1.5.0_c3193d0) i had before flashing yours.
The flashing process completes successfully (including "partitioning", "writing system.img" steps, etc.), however after reboot the version is still yours (2014-07-15_20-23_1.6.0_252635f), just as it was simply factory resetted.
What I'm doing wrong? Maybe there is a version check (1.5.0 vs 1.6.0) somewhere?

EDIT:
Ok solved, in the zip package released on the OP, the files written to the device are NOT those inside update.zip.
Instead MfgTool2 looks for so called "profiles" inside the Profiles dir (configured via the cfg.ini file).
In our case the configured profile directory is named "MX6SL Linux Update", and inside it you can find a sort of xml script file (ucl2.xml).
This references the real files written during the flashing process, which can be found inside the files directory.

So, in case somebody else needs to revert to another firmware version, extract the T68_2014-07-15_20-23_1.6.0_252635f_user.zip package (for example in C:\T68), extract the update.zip you want to flash and then move the following files:
  • android-info.txt
  • boot.img
  • recovery.img
  • system.img
  • u-boot.bin
to C:\T68\Profiles\MX6SL Linux Update\OS Firmware\files\android

then move logo.bmp to C:\T68\Profiles\MX6SL Linux Update\OS Firmware\files\logo and rename it uboot_logo.bmp (delete the existing file).

then follow the OP flashing procedure.

Bye
Roberto

Thank you so much for your help, my friend!
It saved my life!

Have a good day, cheers!
CamilleBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #28
StoneTheKiwis
StoneTheKiwis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox T68
Thank you Booxstor, you've just saved my T68. I installed PDAnet on it hoping to tether via bluetooth to my phone, just as my old tablet did with my old phone. Alas, the newer versions of PDAnet forced the Boox to reboot everytime I changed either the wireless or bluetooth on/off, and also cause my new phone to continually reboot.

A factory reset on the Boox just sent it into a boot loop, grrrrrrrrrrrr.

This restore plus the latest update has fixed it. More, bluetooth will now remember that it should be on after a reboot.

Excellent stuff, thanks again.
StoneTheKiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:32 AM   #29
gpszkit
gpszkit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Lynx T68
Hi!
I`ve applied your firmware to my T68. Unfortunately, touch-screen doesn`t work at all at the moment... Anyone had this issue? How can I fix it?

Kind regards,
Greg

EDIT:
Solved - I`ve applied an update using bitblaster`s way.

Touch-screen works perfectly now.

Last edited by gpszkit; 08-30-2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: solved
gpszkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #30
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kinde PW v1, Kobo H2O, Onyx Boox T68
Hi,
This topic has one year now, and I wonder if Lynx firwmare's quality is now similar to Booxtor's one ?

@people who have experiment the last both firmwares, what are the differences ?

Thanks for your help
myki is offline   Reply With Quote