Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
extendedping
Enthusiast
extendedping began at the beginning.

Device: none
pocketbook 360...access epub toc and zoom tables?

well I think I need a pocket sized device to complement my kindle dx.

I have read a few threads here and it seems people really like the 360. however I want it to read my oreilly book collection, which are technical books. I have something on my smart phone (n900) called fbreader and it is great but cannot access toc on the epub docs. I just watched a youtube pocketbook 360 review and it said it used fbreader. so....

1) can anybody that owns the device and has books in epub format like the oreilly books check to see if it can access toc? no way I can navigate a big technical book on a 5 inch screen without a toc...

2) my kindle lets me zoom in on a table, which is really helpful (this is not just changing font size that actually does nothing for a table). If I could not zoom on the tables (which are prevalent in technical books, it would be a no go.

thanks very much for listening. I really like the idea of a pocket reader, but need those couple of features for certain...
extendedping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
extendedping
Enthusiast
extendedping began at the beginning.

Device: none
I see there is a pocketbook forum, should this be moved there? I don't want to double post...
extendedping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
This should definitely be moved. Make a request from one of the mods. Added - I had it moved for you.

PB360 does come with FBReader. There is also a custom version of FBReader that I think most of us use. That is way better than the version that comes as default with the device.

The PB360 can display epub TOC's. Whether it handles the TOC on O'reilly epubs, I have no idea.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 07-28-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Someone asked recently about O'Reilly books. I tried one, and FBReader opened it with no TOC except for "Cover", and Adobe Reader doesn't open them at all. Seemingly O'Reilly books have a messed up code.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote