Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Getting data edits into book

Am I right in thinking that each time I edit metadata I need to rerun all conversions against the book to get the info into the book?

If I've spent time editing metadata is there an easy way to pick books edited within say the last x days??
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Not at all. Just Save-to-disk or Send-to-device and metadata will be updated on the saved/sent copy.

There is usually no real need to update calibre's master copy, however Polish Book has the ability to do so for EPUB & AZW3. The shortcut key is "P" or you can add it to the toolbar via Preferences ==> Toolbar.

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-27-2014 at 02:19 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
DMee
Zealot

But if I store stuff on Dropbox so I can remotely access books then I need master copies correct :-( Will have a play with polish :-)
Old 04-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Search:
Code:
last_modified:>=6 daysago
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMee View Post
But if I store stuff on Dropbox so I can remotely access books then I need master copies correct :-( Will have a play with polish :-)
I meant to say usually no real need -- corrected.

Dropbox and similar solutions is, of course, exactly why Polish Boom was created.
Enjoy
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #6
DMee
Zealot

Cheers for that both of you :-)