Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 01:45 AM   #1
bookw0rm
bookw0rm began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
AZW3 to PDF: Any way to carry over the links (e.g. in the Bible)?

I am trying to convert a kindle bible I own from AZW3 to pdf but am not sure of which setting I have to turn on/off to get the links in my original kindle book (which take you to different pages and sections) on my pdf output.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.
bookw0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:07 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Sticky: Read this before Posting PDF Questions

Quote:
My PDF has a table of contents or links/bookmarks, but they weren't used during conversion
Calibre doesn't support the existing Table of Contents/links/bookmarks in a pdf, for either building a TOC or detecting chapters. Instead it uses a heuristic approach to guess where the appropriate chapter breaks are. This works well in some documents, but can produce poor results or false positives in other documents.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2014, 02:10 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Converting to PDF automatically preserves all links.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:29 AM   #4
bookw0rm
bookw0rm began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Converting to PDF automatically preserves all links.
Ah yes, nevermind, the links work perfectly. I just had to switch to the "hand mode" in my pdf viewer. Thank you kovidgoyal!
bookw0rm is offline   Reply With Quote