Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-25-2023, 10:32 AM   #1
GeorgK
Enthusiast
GeorgK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura HD; Kobo Aura H2O 2.Version V2
Swapped my Kobo with an InkPad Color - suffered some difficulties :(

Changed my Kobo Aura H2O V2 today for a PB 741 (FW U741.6.7-1712).
Customizing the InkPadf gives me some trouble. Please help with these issues:
1. PB 741 is set to open last read books on startup but always comes up with the start page. What did I do wrong?
2. Can't show the device's complete directory on my Windows 10 PC. How can I install custom fonts (e.g. Georgia) when 'Fonts'-Directory can't be seen?
3. Can't get my JBL Tune 225TWS earphones paired with the InkPad. Any ideas?

Regards
Georg
GeorgK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 01:54 PM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Welcome to the Pocketbook world.
1) Don't know, should work, is working with all my Pocketbook devices. If it is a firmware issue, contact them f.i. via https://www.e-reader-forum.de/f/pocketbook.167/
2) SetUp your windows explorer to show hidden directories.
3) There might be a way via terminal (has to be installed on the PB) and bluetoothctl but it is quite complicated. Here is a tutorial for tricking the device into accepting a bluetooth keyboard:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/bluetooth_keyboard
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2023, 03:45 AM   #3
GeorgK
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Welcome to the Pocketbook world.
Thanks for the welcome.

Quote:
1) ... contact them f.i. via https://www.e-reader-forum.de/f/pocketbook.167/
Ah. Next job this morning.

Quote:
... 2) SetUp your windows explorer to show hidden directories.
Silly me. should have figured out this one myself

Regards
Georg
Old 03-26-2023, 04:45 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The biggest downside to Pocketbook (IMHO) is that you cannot up the weight of fonts without doing so in a font editor for side loaded fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 08:14 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The biggest downside to Pocketbook (IMHO) is that you cannot up the weight of fonts without doing so in a font editor for side loaded fonts.
IMHO, I don't see how this answers any of the OP's questions.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2023, 03:13 AM   #6
GeorgK
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Recognized this fact and installed KoReader on the PB. Solved the issue but seems to cause additional battery drain...
Regards
Georg