Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
yes http links work for me, I assume they did back when I discovered the field, but I can't recall trying - I think I only tried folder links

But I still cant get folder or file links to work - even a cut and paste of your link to the windows folder still gives the wikipedia entry

If I enter a website address, eg http://www.charlierose.com/, it works, but if I enter file:///E:/_Sandpit/CharlieRose/ I get Charlie Rose's wikipedia entry

Yet if I put the same folder links (via paste from clipboard) into book comments it works fine

There must be either something 'blocking it' or I'm missing something obvious - I suspect the latter - I shall try a bit harder.

BR
BR I don't think it supports (blocks?) Folder Browsing. You probably need a Index.htm
What you show works in the address box of firefox: and firefox does show the directory contents in that folder
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
BR I don't think it supports (blocks?) Folder Browsing. You probably need a Index.htm
What you show works in the address box of firefox: and firefox does show the directory contents in that folder
thanks td - I worked it out, folder links work fine, just like they do in comments - see update in previous post - it was a link resolution 'timing' issue

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-25-2013 at 09:17 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #18
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
It must resolve the link when the page is displayed, not when its clicked - that's cool, its the way this stupid thing called the Web works - its not as dynamic as they like to make us think it is.
I submitted code to restore the selection and update the book details after Manage Authors.
Quote:
Now, the question is - can I update Author Links from the CLI, I can't see anything,
No, there isn't a way using the CLI to update either of the author sort or the author link fields in the authors table.
Quote:
@chaley, can you confirm that I should put my folder links in to the author.link column in metadata.db - I can write a powershell script to do that.
Yes. I don't see any data integrity triggers on the authors table, so modifying it outside of calibre should work. Of course, be sure calibre isn't running when doing the updates.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I submitted code to restore the selection and update the book details after Manage Authors.
@chaley - I really didn't 'expect' you to change it - it was pretty obscure and I should have figured it out sooner But... I understand why you would want to

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Yes. I don't see any data integrity triggers on the authors table, so modifying it outside of calibre should work. Of course, be sure calibre isn't running when doing the updates.
Of course - and backup the db etc.

I just 'discovered' that the context menu on authors has an Edit link for <whoever> option, maybe the same thing could be made available in the context menu of the author field in book details - I often run with the Tag browser closed.

Thanks for your patience

BR
Old 05-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I just 'discovered' that the context menu on authors has an Edit link for <whoever> option, maybe the same thing could be made available in the context menu of the author field in book details - I often run with the Tag browser closed.

BR
I tend to run with the Tag Browser closed (I like to show all my chosen columns) and find it a slight annoyance to have to open it to get to the 'Manage' context menu.

Am I blind and just missing it in Add to Toolbars?

As an Alternate access : How about (also) attaching the 'Manage Menu' as a (right-click) context to the 'Tag Browser' Icon? Then there would be no need to actually open the Tag Browser

I would have suggested making the Tag Browser 'dockable', but after the problems in Sigil (and on XP), gave the idea a pass
Old 05-29-2013, 12:44 AM   #21
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have my default author link set to

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/search/?searchfor=author&keywords={author}
under preferences>look and feel.

It is very useful to me when checking series info and other things.
When I have differnet series names or duplicate numbers on different books for a series I go with fantastic fiction so at least I have them standard
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:07 AM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
I tend to run with the Tag Browser closed (I like to show all my chosen columns) and find it a slight annoyance to have to open it to get to the 'Manage' context menu.

Am I blind and just missing it in Add to Toolbars?

As an Alternate access : How about (also) attaching the 'Manage Menu' as a (right-click) context to the 'Tag Browser' Icon? Then there would be no need to actually open the Tag Browser

I would have suggested making the Tag Browser 'dockable', but after the problems in Sigil (and on XP), gave the idea a pass
Another alternative is maybe the Manage «Column» could be an option in the context menu of the «Column» Title on the main spreadsheet - a'la the Quickview «Column»

BR
Old 05-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Another alternative is maybe the Manage «Column» could be an option in the context menu of the «Column» Title on the main spreadsheet - a'la the Quickview «Column»

BR
BR there is a number of Context for Column Management already:
You can Hide,Show, Shrink, and the one I think is mis-Labeled: Add (I think it should be name Customize Columns as you can do any column edit/create/modify action there)
Old 05-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
BR there is a number of Context for Column Management already:
You can Hide,Show, Shrink, and the one I think is mis-Labeled: Add (I think it should be name Customize Columns as you can do any column edit/create/modify action there)
Links are only available on Authors (I mistakenly thought they were also available on Publishers and Series) - see attachment for what I was thinking - not sure what one would do about multiple authors - I'll leave that to the developers to fathom

If the Enhancement in the following launchpad request is forthcoming then I'd use it most of the time. It gives a separate link for each author which sidesteps the multiple author issue mentioned above ==>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1186192

In light of the multiple authors issue perhaps putting Edit Author Link in Author(s) Title context menu may not be worth the effort - especially if it can be done from book details.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2013-06-01 , 08_30_03.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	106481