Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Harris, Joel Chandler, Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings, Version 11,

Hope this attaches properly. First time I've attached a book for upload here. I ran it through Sigil and created a TOC for it. It isn't easy reading since the main character (Uncle Remus) talks in dialect.

110 views before edit.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.

Last edited by crich70; 07-21-2011 at 08:00 AM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't notice til I had already posted but the original upload date was cut off. It was June 16, 2003. I found it through the Online Books page which is connected with PG and the author died in 1908 so I'm assuming the book is long since PD.
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
The paper in Atlanta, The Journal and Constitution, likes to promote Atlanta history. So for the 17 years I lived in north Georgia, it was always talking up this book and Gone with the Wind.

Thanks crich!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

You're quite welcome. It isn't always easy to read it due to the dialect, but it is interesting, not least from its historic context I think. It's far from pc in its language, but like Tom Sawyer it was written in a time when things were a lot different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
The paper in Atlanta, The Journal and Constitution, likes to promote Atlanta history. So for the 17 years I lived in north Georgia, it was always talking up this book and Gone with the Wind.

Thanks crich!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I have gone back and done some small editing on the book. Put in a proper cover image and cleaned up the text at top and bottom.
Advert