Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
barduck
barduck began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Reading .lit files from my app

Hi all,

(I asked this in the "workshop" forum but am re-asking here)

I need a library that can read .lit files and can be used from my code (python) to process the input (i.e. I don't want to pre convert it to other format first). I stumbled across Calibre and it seemed like it's what I was looking for but I am having some difficulties to make it work (or properly install the egg package for that matter).

Before I spend more time trying to make it work, is Calibre able to work in library mode that I can just call from my code and get paragraphs from a .lit file? If not, is there any other simple library that can do this?

Thanks in advance,
- barduck
barduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by barduck View Post
Before I spend more time trying to make it work, is Calibre able to work in library mode that I can just call from my code and get paragraphs from a .lit file?
Do you mean you something like this?

Code:
calibre_lit = calibre_function( open('blah.lit', r))
text = calibre_lit.paragraph(974)
If that is the case, no.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert