Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #376
latie
latie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Chinese lang pack

If need someone to translate the English version into Chinese, please inform me: ichenyou@gmail.com
latie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #377
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Every time when Pillow app (i.e. appropriate HTML page) loads external resource (script or stylesheet), it is looking in a number of 'locales' subdirectories, starting from a directory of resource. For example, when HTML page 'search_bar.html', located at directory '/usr/share/webkit/pillow', requests script 'strings/str_table.js', it is initially looks for following directories: '/usr/share/webkit/pillow/strings/locales', '/usr/share/webkit/pillow/locales', '/usr/share/webkit/locales', ..., '/locales'. If one of these directories exists (first found wins), it is searched for a subdirectories with name of current locale. For example: if '/usr/share/webkit/pillow/strings/locales' has been found, it is searched for subdirectories 'en-us', 'en' (given that current locale is en_US). Again, first found subdirectory is selected for further processing. Then selected directory is searched for requested resource, i.e. file 'str_table.js'. [...] This is could works for WAF apps also, as this mechanism is provided by underlying WebKit library.
BTW, long time ago I've found why it's so (and forgot to post here). Amazon just followed W3C Widget's packaging specification.

Also .acx files (located initially at /opt/amazon/acw and copied to /mnt/us/system/acw) are just simple zip archives and also W3C Widgets in fact. These files contains part of functionality accessible from stock reader (X-Ray, Bing translator and some more) and implemented in HTML/CSS/JavaScript.

(sorry for necroposting )
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #378
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindel Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR FIRMWARE 5.1.0:
If you are running 5.1.0, DO NOT attempt the installation. If you are planning to update to 5.1.0, UNINSTALL the language pack and the locale settings enabler before updating. DO NOT REINSTALL AFTER THE UPDATE.

Unfortunately, this effort seems to have come to an end, at least for the time being. All initially active developers have switched their attention to other projects. However, this does not mean that internationalization/localization for newer firmware versions is impossible. In fact, all the required tools exist and are ready to use. The only thing that is needed is someone who is willing to spend some effort on this. All it takes is a little bit of initiative, but it seems like nobody is willing to do that.

Hi, ixtab

I always use your language packs on my KT of 5.0.4. Recently I update it to 5.1.2 and find some item not be translated into Chinese. I would like to translate these items of 5.1.2 into Chinese for free. Could you send me the item list of 5.1.2 to me, or tell me how to start this work?

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-16-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: fixes quotes, removed email.
szfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #379
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Is it possible IXTAB to help me and trasnlate it to Bulgarian and bulgarian keyboard?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #380
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
If you go ahead and show some initiative, I will happily help you -- or at least, try to help you -- with the problems that you may encounter while adapting the code to current firmwares.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #381
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Yes I'll go ahead, just explain me what and how to do.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #382
bong9141
bong9141 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello

I have a Kindle Paperwhite, firmware is 5.4.4.2, and I managed to jailbreak. Now I am trying to localize it to Traditional Chinese, but the package in page 1 does not work, I guess it's the firmware version. Anyway, is there a localization package available for this version? I found some discussions in Russian and Czech seems working for their languages, but I could not understand after Google translation. In page 1 of this thread said "The only thing that is needed is someone who is willing to spend some effort on this" for a newer firmware. Well, if I can spend some effort, how should I start?
bong9141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #383
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Hello, this thread is very outdated.
Here is a thread that contains more recent information:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232813

And can also give you a contact to a man that is working on zh_TW localization.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:30 AM   #384
donMaranzano
Zealot

Is it possible someone to help how can I translate english language keyboard to a different language?