Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
No sulking, just stating the obvious. I do see a typo in my post though will correct that.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #32
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
DixieGal: I saw that same program, I think. Later in the program they mentioned that the parchment (or maybe it was the ink) predated both DaVinci and that English scoundrel they also speculated about..
I missed this one. Does anyone know the name, show, channel etc? I'd like to try to locate it.
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #33
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Just a week ago, I watched a show on this on, I think, the Documentary Channel. The conclusion they made is that it was written by DaVinci as a child. Since naturally, anything mysterious created in that era was made by him.

This is also the same channel that attributes every ancient mystery and myth to alien visitation.
Well, that or sharks. Nostradamus is coming on strong. And those Mayans who got lazy and quit making predictions after 2012. Nothing but a bunch of under achievers, if you ask me.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #34
kennyc

Oh I see DG said the Documentary Channel. Not sure what the is, but will try to find it....Program Name might help.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #35
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I've always been fascinated by historical mysteries like the VM. Good to see they've finally dated it.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #36
kennyc

Hmm... Looks like it was on National Geographic Channel - Naked Science Program -
The Book That Can't Be Read.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/09523_00

I'm not finding anything else and that is just a little 4 minute video

mentioned here as well: http://www.udel.edu/udaily/2011/feb/...ry-020911.html

and here:

http://www.ciphermysteries.com/2011/...ch-documentary

Last edited by kennyc; 02-15-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #37
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmm... Looks like it was on National Geographic Channel - Naked Science Program -
The Book That Can't Be Read.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/09523_00

I am surprised that people are permitted to handle the pages with bare hands.

How to handle old books.

"The oils and acids that are on your hands will also harm paper documents, that is another reason why they should be stored in transparent sleeves and folders. Wearing latex, nitrile or white cotton gloves while handling these documents can further serve to extend their life."
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #38
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
There is a number of youtube snippits about the book. Though I assume they are from a more comprehensive documentary.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #39
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Good morning!

Yes, that's it, "The Book That Can't Be Read."

I was thinking Documentary Channel, 267 on DirecTV. But they all sort of run together for me, especially the various Discovery channels.

They concluded that DaVinci made it as a child. The pages were other manuscripts that had been sanded clean and re-used. They think that the pics show a maturing art talent from very young over 2 or 3 years. The writing was determined to be just gibberish, drawing things that looked like writing to a child. What made them so certain it was DaVinci is that the inks are a specific type that were very expensive and available in his childhood home.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #40
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Good morning!

Yes, that's it, "The Book That Can't Be Read."

I was thinking Documentary Channel, 267 on DirecTV. But they all sort of run together for me, especially the various Discovery channels.

They concluded that DaVinci made it as a child. The pages were other manuscripts that had been sanded clean and re-used. They think that the pics show a maturing art talent from very young over 2 or 3 years. The writing was determined to be just gibberish, drawing things that looked like writing to a child. What made them so certain it was DaVinci is that the inks are a specific type that were very expensive and available in his childhood home.
Interesting! Thanks!