Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
wagnerian
Musicology Student
wagnerian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Zaurus C1000
Enabling Korean encoding (EUC-KR) with FBReader (0.8.2b) for iLiad

I've made a Korean encoding module (EUC-KR) for FBReader. But the problem is that the FBReader for iLiad still does not show the Korean encoding option.

But finally I've succeeded to enable Korean encoding with a semi-wise trick: I've overwritten the Chinese Traditional (Big5) module with the EUC-KR module. Now I can read Korean text files with codepage 949 when I choose "Chinese Traditional (Big5)" for the encoding option.

You can download the EUC-KR(CP949 is more exact, which is the extention of EUC-KR and compatible with it) module here:

http://wagnerian.tistory.com/attachment/dk7.zip

You can find various codepages to Unicode table here:

http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPIN...ICSFT/WINDOWS/
wagnerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
On my PepperPad, EUC-KR is already in the encoding options but I found that if I renamed your file EUC-KRenc and added this to Encodings.xml (using an existing line as an example) then an option "EUC-KRenc" appeared in the menu. I could not test that it really worked though.

In any case, please post on FBReader's Google Group since the developers don't routinely read MobileRead. That way your file can be made part of the standard code base.

By the way, does Mobipocket Reader support Korean?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
wagnerian
Musicology Student
wagnerian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Zaurus C1000
It does work! Thank you so much, wallcraft!
I've uploaded the new modules including JOHAB(CP1361) and modified Encodings.xml on my blog:

http://wagnerian.tistory.com/attachment/dk8.zip

p.s. Mobipocket Viewer for iLiad does not seem to support Korean. I heard that Mobipocket Reader for Palm supports Korean though.
wagnerian is offline   Reply With Quote