Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #16
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
hey whats that DIY book? And whats the collection in the middle shelf?... sowwy if im beeing snoopy...
No problem - I was the one who put the pics up in public

DIY book is the Collins Complete DIY Manual. I've had it since I first lived on my own. I like to have books for things. If I need to know about something I look in a book (or google now, but you get the idea). And with some things I prefer books because they're checked eg when I'm trying to sort out problems with electricity and plumbing. This does include all sorts of stuff I'm probably never going to use like removing walls, replacing windows and laying crazy paving, but also helped with things like changing fuses, sorting out problems with a central heating boiler, and a sink, and even the drains!

I'm not 100% sure which bit you mean when you say the collection on the middle shelf (just compared photo to shelves to try to work it out) but I think it's probably my hardback Terry Pratchett Discworld books. You can't see their spines, only the bottom of them because they're too tall for the shelf.

I used to work in a library so all books are very well organised - each book has its own place on the shelves!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #17
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
No problem - I was the one who put the pics up in public

DIY book is the Collins Complete DIY Manual. I've had it since I first lived on my own. I like to have books for things. If I need to know about something I look in a book (or google now, but you get the idea). And with some things I prefer books because they're checked eg when I'm trying to sort out problems with electricity and plumbing. This does include all sorts of stuff I'm probably never going to use like removing walls, replacing windows and laying crazy paving, but also helped with things like changing fuses, sorting out problems with a central heating boiler, and a sink, and even the drains!

I'm not 100% sure which bit you mean when you say the collection on the middle shelf (just compared photo to shelves to try to work it out) but I think it's probably my hardback Terry Pratchett Discworld books. You can't see their spines, only the bottom of them because they're too tall for the shelf.

I used to work in a library so all books are very well organised - each book has its own place on the shelves!
0o0o0o0o0o cool, u can always tell a lot about a person by browsing thier library... I guess now I'd have to snoop though caliber (?) too...

I am tackling discworld soon... right after i finish Xanth...
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #18
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
u can always tell a lot about a person by browsing thier library...
Definitely! I love looking at other people's bookshelves!

Quote:
I guess now I'd have to snoop though caliber (?) too...
Yes, although I've only bought about 10 ebooks, I've downloaded about 200 free books. All sorts of things. If it's free I'll give it a go
Old 06-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #19
ruth1304
Addict

Quote:
0o0o0o0o0o cool, u can always tell a lot about a person by browsing thier library... I guess now I'd have to snoop though caliber (?) too...

I am tackling discworld soon... right after i finish Xanth...
Enjoy discworld - they're great. I can never wait for the next one!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #20
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Enjoy discworld - they're great. I can never wait for the next one!
See!! Your books are calling to be read!

Discworld hey? I'm going to try to find that collection...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:59 AM   #21
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Okay, when I first started here at MR, I knew nothing about Terry Pratchett and Discworld, then I found this thread and got started on reading all the books in the series. My life hasn't been the same since.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26058
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 AM   #22
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
No problem

This is only part of my library. I was forced to get my 505 when I ran out of space for bookshelves!
Quote:
That's why I have no intention of photographing my bedroom. There are more piles there (and more shelves). All the things that I'm planning to read soon, plus library books, various things I've borrowed from other people and anything I've bought and haven't read.

Despite my 505 I can't really imagine not having them, I just need to stop them breeding!
I AGREE! I buy books faster than I can read them. And libraries are dangerous too. I go there to check out ONE book and get carried away. Oh well. I'm actually kind of embarassed by how many unread paperback books I own, so with the 505 No one knows!!! I still have alot of unread ebooks too
Someday I'll read them all. A few of them are available as ebooks from the library so I'm going to read those instead.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I thought there was already a thread doing this that was a spinoff from a thread that had started doing this, or is this a déjà vu and They've changed something?

Anyways, here's my space (but not MySpace) again:

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #24
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
And we LOVE your space . . . can never get enough of your space.

Simple and gorgeous.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #25
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Now DG...Marc is the neatnick!!! Please compare his pic to mine and tell me that I am neat again.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #26
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Now DG...Marc is the neatnick!!! Please compare his pic to mine and tell me that I am neat again.

BOb
everything may be relative, but you're still a neatnik.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #27
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
everything may be relative, but you're still a neatnik.
OK, I admit it. I am quite a bit OCD when it comes to some things. I don't like clutter. For example my Windows/Mac desktop has ZERO icons on it. (Other than the recycle bin which I am thinking of removing).

With 3 teens and a wife my desk is about the only thing I can control at home. I should show you a pic of our garage... I cringe when I see it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
Um.........yes. Well, I wouldn't describe Marc as a "neatnik"

Dont know exactly what I'd describe him as........but it wouldn't be "neatnik"........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #29
ruth1304
Addict

Marc's pic looks a bit too good to be true ... I wonder if he has a cupboard like mine (I will post a pic when I'm home. It explains why I have a clear desk!)
Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #30
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
My whole condo (as well as the world) is my workspace but here is this official corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6090002.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	30513  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote