Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't know why it too me so long to think of it. The Dell Outlet has XP machines. I didn't see anything in red but you could always get a skin to change the color.I found 10 machines, you'll have to click each one to see what goodies each offers.

I've purchased from the outlet and never had a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	14436  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I am dual booting MAC OS X (easy on the flaming), and XP I am awaiting awhile on Vista.

JJ

Oh Deb I found your next Avatar
Thanks for the Avatar! What is yours by the way?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #18
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thanks for the Avatar! What is yours by the way?
I was googling Daffy avatars and somehow it come up as Abominable Snowman and Daffy Duck I liked it so I kept it, After a little research apparently it is A Naked Evil Ape go figure. They also have a Naked Evil Panda I may send pshrynk.

http://www.atomicbooks.com/products/-/16780.html
JJ
P.S. I also had to many people asking what the HHG was, So I switched it up.

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-17-2008 at 12:34 PM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I don't know why it too me so long to think of it. The Dell Outlet has XP machines. I didn't see anything in red but you could always get a skin to change the color.I found 10 machines, you'll have to click each one to see what goodies each offers.

I've purchased from the outlet and never had a problem.
Thanks, I'm on my way there now....so 'refurbished' isn't something to worry about?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #20
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Thanks, I'm on my way there now....so 'refurbished' isn't something to worry about?
DG,
I have bought my last two laptops as Refurb saved over a thousand bucks on the last one, THey have the same warranty as new and you normally can purchase an extended warranty. Also If you can't find Red here is a link for some covers I just bought the Blue one I like it alot. I guess they dont make one for a dell but I will look for one for you in RED

http://www.speckproducts.com/

JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-17-2008 at 01:01 PM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #21
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Refurbished machines come from people like me. Earlier in the year I built a 17 inch laptop and totally tricked it out. When it arrived so was sooo huge (it had a separate number pad on the side), I couldn't deal with it. I use my laptop for work and it was just too big and heavy to carry around.

I sent it back the next day. It was sold as refurbished (I did mess with the software, so I'm sure they had to re-load it).

I still have a refurbished laptop (as a backup) that I purchased from Dell about 8 years ago. At the time is was tricked out as well for less than one I would have built.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
thanks!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #23
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
My laptop is a refurb. Had it a couple of years now. Works great.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, duck!