Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
eReader Decoder Tool

The "Dark Reverser" has been busy this weekend. In addition to mobidedrm we now have ereader2html:
Quote:
Converts eReader books to HTML
Usage:
ereader2html infile.pdb outdir "your name" credit_card_number
As pointed out by AnemicOak in the Mobipocket Decoder Tool thread, this tool would be better if it also exploded DRM-free eReader files.

Of the major e-book formats, Adobe is now apparently the most secure. Perhaps because PDF encryption has been through the DRM wars.

Last edited by wallcraft; 02-10-2008 at 03:04 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
darkninja
darkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enough

Device: none
New version

I made a new version, 0.02, that works better for certain files.
darkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Yep, the new version works with the Fictionwise freebie that the first version errored out on.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Dajala
Enthusiast
Dajala began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Sony PRS-505
And where will I find this tool please?
Dajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajala View Post
And where will I find this tool please?
We aren't able to say. If we allow links then there could be legal trouble. Do a Google search and follow any hints given in the posts.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
Kurtus
Kurtus began at the beginning.

Device: X7500
Still does not work with eDictionary. What a pity...
Kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtus View Post
Still does not work with eDictionary. What a pity...
Do you have .01 or .02? .02 works on more eReader format eBooks then .01.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
tdproffitt
tdproffitt began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Palm TX
Having used a Palm TX for a while as an ebook reader and just recently gotten a Cybook Gen3, I was really happy to come across Darkninja's tool! Being able to read my old ereader books on my Cybook has made me sooo very happy. I was a bit reluctant to go to an Eink device, since none of them are able to read the DRM ereader files.

I wish the book publishers would decide to drop DRM like a lot of the music industry seems to be doing. I know I'm much more likely to purchase a book or album if I know I'll be able to still read or listen to it on something if the unit I'm using now dies (or in the case of Mobipocket - if the company's web site goes down). I think that the majority of people who actually pay for something in the first place aren't going to be the people who pirate. (True in my case at least.)

Anyway, on a side note, I think I've run across a bug in the 02 version - I've gotten 'NameError: global name 'b' is not defined' (line 240) on a couple of files.
tdproffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #9
darkninja
darkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enoughdarkninja will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I made a blog!

http://darkreverser.wordpress.com/

There you can read about my reversing!
darkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thanks, darkninja, works a treat.

It is the most wonderful feeling, taking a drm'ed file and making it drmfree. I almost wish more format were drm'ed
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja View Post
I made a blog!

http://darkreverser.wordpress.com/

There you can read about my reversing!
Your blog is a great idea and solves all the problems of linking to your code.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:34 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You need to be aware that, if you live if the United States, the writing and distribution of DRM-removal tools is a criminal offence under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). PLEASE take care - I wouldn't want to see you get into trouble over this .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:00 AM   #13
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I tried the ereader tool. Is it to be expected that it runs for a very long time (i.e. more than 5 minutes)? I tried it on a Mac, MacPython 2.5.

Edit: just downloaded version 0.3. Working as expected. Thanks!

Last edited by adelheid; 02-15-2008 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Problem solved
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #14
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm running a very fast Quad Core and I'm only using at most 35% of my CPU and it still can take a while especially on very big files. Over 1MB take upwards of 5 minutes and I'm running 0.3.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
smaulz
smaulz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-505)
Okay, I must be touched in the head or something. I've downloaded 0.3, followed the instructions, and have yet to make it work. I keep getting an "incorrect name or cc#" error. I've double-checked everything, even going so far as to reset the codes on the ereader.com website, and still nothing. I'm sure I've got the correct information, I just can't make this work. Thoughts? Help?

[edit]
Skip it, I AM retarded. The underscores in the cc# were giving me trouble. All that work for nothing. Thanks for this, by the way! I'd pretty much kissed those books goodbye when I got my 505. It's good to have them back! THANKS!

Last edited by smaulz; 02-19-2008 at 12:27 PM.
smaulz is offline   Reply With Quote