Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Alex, that solution doesn't work for me. It may work and I simply don't understand how it works, but even though I have indicated I only want English language, when I log in and ask for new posts in the past 24 hours, I still get non-English language posts.
Yes, that's how it works.

Keep in mind it is NOT hierarchical. You have to exclude all the forms separately, you can't just do a parent forum. I've attached how mine looks. I exclude the foreign language sections too.

BOb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-12-14 at 12.09.21 PM.png
Views:	543
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	41245  
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #17
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Alex, that solution doesn't work for me. It may work and I simply don't understand how it works, but even though I have indicated I only want English language, when I log in and ask for new posts in the past 24 hours, I still get non-English language posts.

Is it because I'm asking for posts and threads rather than forums? (Probably, now that I think of it.) Anyway, what I would find useful is the ability to exclude not just forums but non-English threads (I'm that typical American who can only converse in non-English English).

EDIT: Alex, another thought. What might be a good way to solve my problem would be if I could simply choose to ignore a thread from the main thread listing, that is, from the main listing of posts without actually opening the thread and then choosing to ignore it.
Excluded non-English language forums don't show up in my new posts in the past 24 hours search.

The forum and *all* of it's sub-forums must be highlighted for exclusion (Holding Ctlr to select more than one). Since some additional devices sub-forums were recently added to non-English forums, I had to go in and highlight the new sub-forum to exclude it.

Attached is an example. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Exclude_forums.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	41247  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think I know why some of us still get non-English threads popping up. From time to time a new sub-forum is added in a non-English forum. If you don't check your ignore settings from time to time those new sub-forums will pop up with new threads. I just checked my settings and 2 new sub-forums had been added since the last time I checked.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #20
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Yes, you find the it within your control panel. You need to scroll down the list of options to the part where it says "Forum Exclusion".
Thanks!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #21
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Bob and Wetdogeared, thanks. I see what I was doing wrong and will fix it. I appreciate the images.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote