Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Whoover
Enthusiast
Whoover began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo Vox
mobi to epub conversion - margins?

Hi - I'm pretty new to converting on Calibre - wondered if anyone can help with problem I have.

I am able to convert some mobi files to epub format, add metadata, new covers etc. But once I send to device (Kobo Vox) and import into Aldiko, I am getting some serious margins down both left and right sides. Reducing the margins via Aldiko doesn't really sort the problem. Any ideas on how to try to reduce them?

(It's like reading a poem?)

Thanks.
Whoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
anoved
Enthusiast
anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPhone
Do the margins appear too large when you view the file in Calibre as well, or just on the device?

I'm not familiar with Aldiko or the Kobo readers, but if you haven't already, you might check out the "Page Setup" tab of the Calibre conversion window. Check if you have an appropriate Output Profile selected.
anoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert