Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #23191
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Empty and recently washed-up !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #23192
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Happy Birthday, Anh! Have a great day, even if you are working on your essay.

Iri, sounds like a long process. You are a better person then I am. How many bedrooms are you going to have?

Cream Assam in my cup. I am at work but worried about Lucas. He has been throwing up and had a really runny diaper this morning, his entire front was wet (he was crawling in his crib) and the sheet was wet. There was a little poop and the sheet stain was the color of the poop. The hubby is bringing him to the Doctor today.

Due to yesterday being a federal holiday, I have to work 4 ten hour days to get my hours in. If I do that, I can use the federal holiday as a vaction day later in the year. Given the limited number of vacation days that I have (10 days) being able to use the Federal holidays adds 4-6 days that I can use for vacation. That is huge. Normally it is easily accomplished, you simply work on the day. Recently the person responsible for approving schedules at work has decided that you cannot work when there are not govies in the building. Since govies have federal holidays off, and cannot flex them, we are not allowed to work.

So I have a sick kid at home and I can't take him to the doctor because I need to work longer days so that I can have more vacation days to spend with my family. I am annoyed.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #23193
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I hope Lucas is alright, Prof!
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #23194
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Sipping another cup of coffee, hoping time goes faster so I can go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
There is no doubt that living in the shell isn't luxurious. After I put up the walls and roof, I immediately put in the kitchen sink and bathroom features so we would have that, and had the electric company run a main line from the pole into the house. I added a couple of 'quick' lines around the house so that there would be places to plug in the power tools without running long extension cords, but then we moved in. It was messy!
We've thought about it ... We thought about renting a container to put in our back yard because it's so cheap. But in the end we decided we don't want to make it any harder than it should be. It's also not impossible financially to pay rent and pay of part of our loan at the same time.

Quote:
It was at least that long, if not longer before we were actually finished. But we use wood tongue-and-groove (knotty cedar) for the living room walls and ceiling, and a few other walls around the house, and they took time to put up and oil. Each plank had to be put up separately. Sheetrock would have been a lot faster!
Oh, we'll definitely use sheetrock! I'm not a fan of wooden paneling on the walls.

Quote:
That was my concern. I thought it was somewhat lower land in Belgium, but then I realized I was thinking of Holland instead.
Shame on you! Confusing Belgium with Holland!

The problem with our piece of land is that it isn't all that far from the scheldt, about 5 km. Hence the groundwater But even if the water wasn't there we wouldn't have chosen a basement. It's still too expensive for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Iri, sounds like a long process. You are a better person then I am. How many bedrooms are you going to have?
Three bedrooms! So there will be two little Iri's running around in the not so very distant future

Quote:

Due to yesterday being a federal holiday, I have to work 4 ten hour days to get my hours in. If I do that, I can use the federal holiday as a vaction day later in the year. Given the limited number of vacation days that I have (10 days) being able to use the Federal holidays adds 4-6 days that I can use for vacation. That is huge. Normally it is easily accomplished, you simply work on the day. Recently the person responsible for approving schedules at work has decided that you cannot work when there are not govies in the building. Since govies have federal holidays off, and cannot flex them, we are not allowed to work.

So I have a sick kid at home and I can't take him to the doctor because I need to work longer days so that I can have more vacation days to spend with my family. I am annoyed.
Poor Lucas, I hope it isn't anything too serious! 10 vacation days I have 24 and I'm complaining

Last edited by Iridal; 01-22-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #23195
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
A beautiful day! It's dark chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate sauce in a tall glass
Happy Birthday Anh! No party arranged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Three bedrooms! So there will be two little Iri's running around in the not so very distant future
Is this an announcement of some sort you are making?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #23196
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Five sick days, I already used one (stupid pneumonia). I can use those to care for Lucas if needed but it is not a lot. I get all the federal holidays, so that is 10 days, for a total of 25 days. The problem is that 10 of them are on random days that I don't care about.

I appreciate Dr. King and his vision and historic import. I can appreciate that while I am at work so I can take time to visit family or go to the river or camping with my immediate family when I want to. I really don't feel the need to celebrate Presidents Day. The reality is that I am fine working on most of the Federal Holidays and would rather use those days to take vacations when I want to. It is a frustrating system that is a part of working as a contractor for the government.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #23197
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

Is this an announcement of some sort you are making?
Nope We agreed to wait at least until we can move to our house. So another 2 years ...

Having a glass of water and contemplating going home. I think the flu might be catching up with me again ...
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #23198
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

bllleeeecccchhhh
Old 01-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #23199
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
A beautiful day! It's dark chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate sauce in a tall glass
Happy Birthday, Anh

Quote:
......worried about Lucas.......
Hang on, prof Crash! Best wishes for Lucas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
.......But even if the water wasn't there we wouldn't have chosen a basement. It's still too expensive for us.
.......So there will be two little Iri's running around in the not so very distant future ......
Yes, I think money is the key-factor for not having cellars, as it is common for most houses in Holland and Belgium to have them. I have a huge one myself.
Congrats on the house. I think more people in Belgium than Holland build their own house.

In my cup: stone cold Rooibos lemon tea
Outside: too much snow for my peace of mind, as I have to bike through it....
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #23200
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
(Not in my cup) An apple. (In my cup) Water.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
A book a day keeps reality away
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #23201
Dee Q
Born Yesterday
Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 2 & 4
Quote:
(Not in my cup) An apple. (In my cup) Water.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
A book a day keeps reality away
Good to know.

There's coffee in my... glass.
Dee Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #23202
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Bancha in my cup.

Doc thinks Lucas has the stomach bug that is going around. He is home from day care for the next few days and drinking pedialite every other bottle. The good news is that he seems to be fine with being sick. He is his normal smily, happy guy but his sleep has been off and he has been flying through clothes. Still, it makes Mommy sad.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #23203
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My glass is empty. I'll remedy that shortly.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #23204
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
In my cup: stone cold Rooibos lemon tea
What you need is one of these .

Quote:
Doc thinks Lucas has the stomach bug that is going around. He is home from day care for the next few days and drinking pedialite every other bottle. The good news is that he seems to be fine with being sick. He is his normal smily, happy guy but his sleep has been off and he has been flying through clothes. Still, it makes Mommy sad.
Sorry to hear it Prof. It's always horrible when the kids get ill, particularly as babies. Best wishes to Lucas.

Nothing in my cup either. Some water for now, perhaps, then a glass of wine will be calling...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #23205
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
What you need is one of these .
Well, thank you, it might just be the thing. It has to come next to my usb-keyboard vacuumcleaner that I got for my birthday recently from my daughter.
I hope it doesn't get too hot, as I am very careful with my (Staffordshire, real bone china) silver jubilee mug of Queen Elisabeth....

Last edited by desertblues; 05-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?