Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Anstance Tamplin
Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
My Phantom: The Memoir of Christine Daaé

I’m the author of seven traditionally-published novels but decided to bring out my new novel under the pseudonym Anstance Tamplin and test the latest innovations in print-on-demand and ebook manufacturing and Internet-only sales and promotion. As you probably know, iIn traditional publishing, thousands of copies of a book are manufactured before the publishing date, some to fulfill advance orders from bookstores and far more for warehousing in hopes of future sales. Many of those books are returned from bricks-and-mortar booksellers unsold and, along with most of the warehoused books, eventually destroyed. This month Straight Up Press published my new novel My Phantom: The Memoir of Christine Daaé and will manufacture individual copies of the trade paperback only when a reader orders the novel at Amazon.com. The book came out simultaneously in a Kindle edition and to date 43 percent of sales are ebooks.

I haven’t received any reviews of My Phantom yet so I’ll just post the copy from the back cover:

“Gaston Leroux was wrong about many things. The falling chandelier. The deaths of Joseph Buquet and Philippe de Chagny. Most of all, the opera ghost, who was not a terrifying monster but a mesmerizing man…”

Thus begins the memoir of Christine Daaé, the gifted soprano immortalized in Gaston Leroux’s classic The Phantom of the Opera. In My Phantom Christine reveals the truth behind an enduring legend. Her memoir tells the stories of a talented orphan struggling toward stardom and a throwaway boy determined to conquer opera’s greatest stage.

My Phantom chronicles the collaboration of two lonely people – a musical master and his exceptional student – who rescue each other from solitude as they strive to reach the pinnacle of their art and of the love triangle that destines one to remain forever alone.

Rich with details of the opera and the ballet, the memoir unfolds in the most intriguing opera house in the world. Outside lies Belle Époque Paris, where Impressionists form the vanguard of the beautiful era’s freewheeling and innovative spirit, and opera singers are the first global superstars. Café society has been born, and in the salons of the rich and the bistros of the artistic the emphasis is on pleasure and the talk is all about art and music and literature.

Christine and her lovers – the mysterious Phantom and the aristocrat Raoul – personify the élan of a fascinating and tumultuous era whose artistic ferment shapes their lives forever.

You can learn more about the story – and read the first chapter – at MyPhantomTheMemoir.com. And you can find the Kindle version here: http://www.amazon.com/My-Phantom-Mem...8563384&sr=8-1

Anstance Tamplin
Anstance@MyPhantomTheMemoir.com
Anstance Tamplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #2
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Sadly I won't be reading it because I don't have a Kindle.

Yet another writer blissfully unaware that there are many, many, other eBook readers out there than the Kindle with it's proprietary format.

If you want to give your work the best possible exposure you need to offer it in at least Epub as well. I am sure others will chip in with more suggestions.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
Anstance Tamplin
Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anstance Tamplin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Some day

Some day I expect Straight Up Press will make My Phantom available on a variety of ebook platforms. However, for the moment the novel is only available in a Kindle edition because it's part of an experiment. I brought the novel to Straight Up Press to test the latest innovations in book manufacturing, sales and promotion -- print-on-demand manufacturing and ebook editions plus Internet-only sales and marketing. With Amazon, the whole package was under one roof -- a POD trade paperback edition at CreateSpace, an ebook edition at DTP and sales of both at Amazon.com -- which made it very easy for a tiny outfit like Straight Up to bring the book to market. We're committed to letting the experiment run as is for at least 12 months. After that, we'll reevaluate.

Anstance
Anstance@MyPhantomTheMemoir.com
Anstance Tamplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Good luck with your experiment! Maybe in a year or so the rest of us will be able to read your book, but until then, I wish you many many Amazon sales!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Part of an experiment about ebook readers, or part of an experiment about Americans? Kindle-only equals 'only Americans can read it' which excludes a LOT of people! As Canadian (who spends a lot of money on ebooks) you have pretty much said you don't care about me and my money
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 07:02 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Even so, this prevents me also from enjoying this book. I have read, and own both a pbook and ebook version of Gaston Leroux's great work. I would love to read this as well.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
On their own Amazon are probably selling a significant chunk of all e-books sold.
I would correct this to 'a significant chunk of all e-books sold IN AMERICA. I guess some people still aren't realizing that it's called the WORLD wide web because America is not the only country...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote