Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #136
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwing View Post
I do as what you said, but I still can'nt find the file ".secure_store"
OK, I am pretty sure you has set the Hidden File to be visible in WinSCP, isn't it?

The file is not there and that's why the game cannot be saved.

So the question is why this ".secure_store" cannot be created?

The causes could be anything such as:

1. There is still bug in the Chinese Chess program - Have you checked the crash log any new reports there?

2. Other programs also create their own Secure Storage - Can you check whether they have any problem of creating this file?

A good example is the "Collections Manager" - Go to the directory:

/mnt/us/developer/Collections Manager/metadata

Can you see the".secure_store" file there and the size of the file should not be zero?

If you cannot find the file, then there must be something wrong with your machine - It cannot be two different programs have the same issues...

If the file is there - It means there is a problem with the Chinese Chess program.

Could you tell me what you have found here? Thanks for the help.

The current implementation of handling Secure Storage is not too good, this storage are mean to be SMALL size such as saving a password only - not the whole Chess Game! And it is done in the "Destroyer" when the program exit, that may not have enough time to do it!

I have found it is very time critical when I try to save the Game Time to this storage - The Game Time must calculate beforehand, otherwise it won't work!

It could be the case your machine has an even more time margin restriction: It all depends on the CPU clock speed, Storage access speed etc.

I will take a look and see if any improvement can be made to handle this storage - In the meantime, you may only play the game without save - Sorry about this...
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #137
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
FWIW I too have no folder there.
That only means you cannot save the game...

But why you don't have this problem before?

Could you try the original version (version 0.0.9) and see if this ".secure_store" is missing too from the metadata directory?

Thanks for the help.
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #138
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
I did find one little "bug?" dunno... In certain - later stages... The HINT button just does nothing (switching sides seems to give it the nudge it needs)
There is improvement needed for the Hint function, sometimes the computer moves is too quick - maybe I should put a delay there so that you can see what changes in the Chess game...

If you press the Hint button too quick without waiting the computer to finish the move, that may cause problems...

Especially when you press Hint if you are solving Chess Puzzle - Some puzzles are SO hard that the computer cannot solve it! Ha! That is the fun part! Check the crash log and see if you get something like "out of bound" errors...

May be I should catch this error and return a message "Sorry Human, it is too hard for me to solve it - Help yourself!!"
Old 03-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #139
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I never saved a game before. That would explain it.

one more thing I noticed is that when you play for more than 2 hours... it reads out like..

1 Hour 76 minutes... (okay so I suck at playing)

The hint thing I dunno, I will go check the crash log maybe then. Just thought I would report it

No complaints, just doing my "Due Diligence" reports
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #140
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
I never saved a game before. That would explain it.
The saving is done automatic when you exit the game. When you play the game again, it should go back to the game where it was last time - If it works correctly...

Quote:
one more thing I noticed is that when you play for more than 2 hours... it reads out like..

1 Hour 76 minutes... (okay so I suck at playing)
What? You have play the game more than 2 hours? Ha! It seems you are really into the game! That is GOOD! I am very happy if more people love this game!

Quote:

The hint thing I dunno, I will go check the crash log maybe then. Just thought I would report it

No complaints, just doing my "Due Diligence" reports
No BAD feeling, it just helps me to debug the code - I should thank your help instead...
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #141
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay well it doesn't save then.

perhaps just add a SAVE GAME button then. thus you can do some testing and stuff AFTER the save to see if it really WAS saved.

that would be my thoughts.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #142
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks again. I install the Collections Manager and the ".secure_store" file is there, the size is 90B. perhaps it is the game's problem.
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #143
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwing View Post
Thanks again. I install the Collections Manager and the ".secure_store" file is there, the size is 90B. perhaps it is the game's problem.
Yes, that confirm it - Thanks for your help!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #144
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
there's a bug in the program. instead of switching sides, the "Side" button will move a piece of the computer opponent.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #145
twobob

Yeah. I was wondering about that... But sometimes it does switch sides... Hadn't quite "nailed down" exactly what triggered what though yet... Did he up the code now?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #146
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Yeah. I was wondering about that... But sometimes it does switch sides... Hadn't quite "nailed down" exactly what triggered what though yet... Did he up the code now?
for my case, it never switches sides.

Last edited by yiming; 03-28-2013 at 01:06 PM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #147
twobob

I think I was playing vs beginner. and hinted the first 20 moves. then pressed sides. It only did it once or twice IIRC which I thought was crazy weird. Either it works or it doesn't I thought...

If he pushes the code would love to see why that happened.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:34 AM   #148
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry guys, a major bug has crept into the code that handle Step feature and I have not noticed when releasing the game.

However, care should be taken when using the Step Button: The computer will be going to finish your move first before you can change side. So it looks very similar to Hint Button, but actually is NOT: Hint feature will cause computer makes TWO moves in a row and does not change side.

Here is a new release which I think have fixed the Step feature problem:

================================================== ================

Changes in Version 0.1.4

1. Fix a major bug that the Side button cannot change side.

2. Fix a bug in calculate minute when it is more than an hour. (Thanks twobob for finding this bug!)

3. Fix a bug in when choosing the Chess Puzzle, the game phase has not set correctly.

4. Added a 2 seconds delay after the computer moves the first step when using the Hint button.

Install instructions

1. Delete the old file "KindleChineseChess-touch.???.azw2" from your Kindle.

2. Unzip the attached file.

3. Just copy the new file to your Kindle.

It also improves the handling of Secure Store - Please check and see if you can save the game now and the ".secure_store" file is in the metadata directory. Thanks for testing...
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleChineseChess-touch.0.1.4.zip (223.7 KB, 312 views)
Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #149
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post

However, care should be taken when using the Step Button: The computer will be going to finish your move first before you can change side. So it looks very similar to Hint Button, but actually is NOT: Hint feature will cause computer makes TWO moves in a row and does not change side.

Here is a new release which I think have fixed the Step feature problem:
What am I talking? Not "STEP", but "SIDE"! Please replace it...

Too tired to fix anymore bugs - Need some rest now or my brain will "malfunction"!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #150
x13n0114
x13n0114 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
1st Version doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
I can recompile the project for Kindle 3 & 4 - Some parts of the code have been commented out which I guess is for them. However, I have only got Kindle PW myself and cannot test the software unless someone can do it for me...

Recently I have made a lot of changes on the project's code - Not sure what will the changes have any side-effects (bugs) to the Kindle 3 & 4.

So unless Amazon or someone can give me a Kindle 3 & 4 for free (Sorry that I won't buy one as I am quite happy with my Kindle PW), you need to use the original first version of the Chinese Chess! May be it is time for you to buy a new Kindle PW ...
Sorry, but none of the versions work, including the original ones for kindle 4 nt.

Last edited by x13n0114; 03-29-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: mistake
x13n0114 is offline   Reply With Quote