Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Is there a Recent Readings list on the JBL?

Ken mentioned on the Ectaco forum that there is. This is news to me.

Rather than take it to private email, I thought that everyone would like to know about this. So let's discuss it publicly!

How do I find the Recent Readings list on the JBL?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Go to folder view, press menu, recent readings is the second option.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks gbm!

Unfortunately, mine is showing mostly new books I have recently put on my SD card rather than books recently opened, but it's a start.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I would be willing to bet that when you load a book on your SD card, you then open it to check it.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Nope!
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Oh, thanks--I didn't know about this either.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The JBL's menu system is very context oriented. They are also often effected by the
various firmware updates. You can discover a lot if you try the menu button when you
are in all the various pages of the menu system and when the different types of files are
being displayed. You can find that there are different options depending on what page
is being displayed when you push the menu button.

It would have been nice if Ectaco would provide a detailed explanation of changes made
to the user interface by the updates/improvements in the firmware. (Not that I would
want them to delay the release of the firmware updates, for that.)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #8
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I used to use the Recent Readings on the original Jetbook quite a bit. However on the JBL it seems every time it looses power it resets the recent readings list. One of the things I'd like to see from Ectaco is a menu option to "Save" recent readings and bookmarks to a file. And have the ability to manually edit that file.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Soooo, is the Recent Reading list one area the Libre is ahead of the jetBooks or am I misunderstanding this thread?
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
Soooo, is the Recent Reading list one area the Libre is ahead of the jetBooks or am I misunderstanding this thread?
The "Jetbooks" are not exactly the same, I only have the JBL and its
Recent Reading feature is a little buggy, if you ask me. The JB may work
just fine, in that regard. Remember that each firmware upgrade can make
changes, that is true for your Libre Pro just like it is for the "Jetbooks".

Since the Libre should have totally different firmware, and I only have the
JBL, I have no idea what the Libra"s Recent Reading feature might be like.
The one for the JBL, despite its quirks, has been functional for the most
part.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #11
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
The "Recent Reading List(RRL)" is the same on both the JB and the ALP. You can chose to wipe out the whole list or just target individual selections (when you have the RRL opened).

After I have added/removed e-books or want to checkout formatting changes I will open the individual e-books. This makes my RRL somewhat cluttered so I do clear it after I have been playing around checking out various e-books.

Clearing the RRL does not cause you to lose your "Last Page read" entry of any e-book you have opened. You can still go to those e-books via the folder tree and any e-book that had been opened in the past will open to it's last location on closing. The RRL can be a reminder of which books one has read completely as well as which ones are in progress without having to remember their location. If you access an e-book via the RRL you will be returned to the RRL on exiting that e-book. Any e-books that no longer reside in your reader but had been opened at one time prior to a RRL wipeout will still show up in the list but it will have an X next to it. You can do an individual "Clear e-book entry" to remove it from the RRL. A "reset" does not delete the RRL but a "Restore Default" does, in fact the "Restore Default" also gets rid of Bookmarks and "Last Page viewed" on any opened e-book. The "Restore Default" also restores user settings back to factory specs.

So use caution when doing a "Restore Default".

I assume that these various list (RRL, Bookmark list and last page location of opened e-books) should be stored in non-volatile memory. This means that losing power should not cause the lists to be lost. If I understand you correctly Ken the JBL does suffer from this loss occasionally. I was under the impression that the various tables are stored in static memory. I have never let my devices go to the point where the internal battery has completely gone dead.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 11-24-2010 at 01:10 AM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote