Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-09-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Laurens stopped JPluck development :(

Quote:
State of JPluck...
The bad news: I will not develop JPluck beyond the 2.0.x branch.

There, I've said it.

Is this the end of JPluck? No. I will continue to add bugfixes and minor changes to the 2.0.x branch over the next few months. If someone wants to take over and develop JPluck further that's fine with me. Be aware that the code is a mess at this point. (Some of it is truly embarrassing.)
He is, however, working on a new offline-browser. COOL! Maybe some kind of synergy between Plucker and iSilo, making it the best of the three!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:57 AM   #2
Saud
Connoisseur
Saud began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9000
I would find it strange if Laurens made his new offline-browser similiar to JPluck in basics. It would not make sense to abandon JPluck then in the first place. JPluck could have been revamped for e.g.

Nevertheless Laurens seems to be keen on starting fresh with a newslate and code from scratch. I hope it would be the champ of offline-browsers

If you allow me to dream of what the best would be...I would say that I would love to see a crossover of DeepReader-iSilo-Mobipocket..
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:41 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saud
I would find it strange if Laurens made his new offline-browser similiar to JPluck in basics. It would not make sense to abandon JPluck then in the first place. JPluck could have been revamped for e.g.
Maybe it is easier that way for Laurens to start a new commercial product that is not based on GPL or anything like that. Just an idea, not sure myself...
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote