Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
lovelygirl
lovelygirl began at the beginning.

Device: none
USB Power Adapter iPhone 4S Charger ?

i want to purchase a USB Power Adapter for my iphone 4s, but i seems that there is little inf. on this... does anyone have noticed such kind of chargers? thank you very much!
lovelygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl View Post
i want to purchase a USB Power Adapter for my iphone 4s, but i seems that there is little inf. on this... does anyone have noticed such kind of chargers? thank you very much!
You should have got one with your phone. Other than that, you could buy one from the Apple Store.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...MTY1NDA0MQ&p=1
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
lovelygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
You should have got one with your phone. Other than that, you could buy one from the Apple Store.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...MTY1NDA0MQ&p=1
Thank you very much, i will have a try... after all, apple isthe original palce of all iphone accessories...
Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Just about any USB charger should work.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=USB+charger
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #6
lovelygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
it's really a wonderful charger, and the price is reasonable, thank you very much!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Just a thought

I got a 4 USB charger off eBay for under AUD$8 that charges my New iPad, my Bluetooth Keyboard/Cover and my iPhone at the same time (and has a spare interface)
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by louwin View Post
I got a 4 USB charger off eBay for under AUD$8 that charges my New iPad, my Bluetooth Keyboard/Cover and my iPhone at the same time (and has a spare interface)
Isn't charging slow when you use a hub compared to an outlet?
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

It isn't a hub, it is a wall charger (outlet) with four USB slots.

I plug them all in before I go to sleep and they are fully charged when I wake up in the morning

I now use the final slot to charge my Seagate Goflex Satellite
Old 07-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Oh. That's pretty cool. I see a lot of dual chargers here but not the 4 slot one you mentioned. I hear it's pretty taxing on the outlet if they put more than two.
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #11
louwin
Newbie Nerd

Angry

I wouldn't have thought so. Each USB draws very little power.

Well my expectations anyway....
Old 07-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
Oh. That's pretty cool. I see a lot of dual chargers here but not the 4 slot one you mentioned. I hear it's pretty taxing on the outlet if they put more than two.
Taxing on the outlet????

A USB port supplies 5W. 4 ports means 20W, which is about 1/50th of what a 1 bar electric fire would use. Hardly taxing, is it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
louwin
Newbie Nerd

Well put!

I was afraid to say that the draw of 4 USB ports is negliable (in case I was wrong)
Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Taxing on the outlet????

A USB port supplies 5W. 4 ports means 20W, which is about 1/50th of what a 1 bar electric fire would use. Hardly taxing, is it?
It may not seem taxing but at 5V you are pulling 4 amps of power for 20W. 4A can cause significant heat through electronic devices which is why you seldom see this. Certainly it can be done but it requires heat sinks and heavy duty components. However, having said that a typical USB port only supplies .5A or 2.5W so a four port device would only have 10W, exactly what you have in a iPad charger.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's only 4A on the output side of the transformer, though. On the "wall" side, it's less than a tenth of an amp (for 230v electricity, and assuming reasonable efficiency in the transformer).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote