Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
How often do you delete books from your reader?

I'm getting ready to recycle the books on my reader...deleting old ones putting new ones on.

At around 100 it just seems to take longer to load the covers and such on my Nook Color. And being the anal retentive person I am, I like to wait till all the covers load before browsing to the book I want.

Since I'm doing alot of "series" reading this year, I'm thinking of putting the books on there that I've read in 2012 so far, and then previous books in a series I want to read as a constant reminder to read those.

Anyone else do this? Or do you just keep thousands upon thousands of books on your reader?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I only delete books that I have absolutely no intention of ever reading.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I keep very few books on my reader. Once I've read them I usually delete them right away. If it's a book I own it's still on my computer, should I want to re-read it at some point.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
I only delete books that I have absolutely no intention of ever reading.
This.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So my question to those that keep them is....why? Just curious, not judging LOL.

Is it the idea of having all your books in one place and not having to go back to PC to get them on?

With the advent of the cloud I'm able to just go and download what I want and then delete from the device when I'm done. That's how it is for me anyway
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I normally delete books as soon as I have finished reading them, or after discussion is over for book club books. There are some I keep on my reader permanently, but these are a small list of favorites that I enjoy reading passages from frequently or like to have highlighted quotes available.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Read it, delete it.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I keep very few books on my reader. Once I've read them I usually delete them right away. If it's a book I own it's still on my computer, should I want to re-read it at some point.
I'm the same, I roughly keep about 10-20 books on my reader and delete after reading. My library is stored in Calibre and backed-up in a couple of places, that way I can stop my reader from getting too heavy
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
that way I can stop my reader from getting too heavy
I can see where that would cause a problem.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #10
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
So my question to those that keep them is....why? Just curious, not judging LOL.

Is it the idea of having all your books in one place and not having to go back to PC to get them on?

With the advent of the cloud I'm able to just go and download what I want and then delete from the device when I'm done. That's how it is for me anyway
My ereader device is my library. I like having the freedom to browse through all my collections and select a book to read, depending on my mood, like with a real life bookshelf, without having to be tethered to my PC or the cloud. It's not like space is at a premium on the ereader.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I usually delete every ebook from my ereader as soon as I finish reading it (unless I've taken notes I want to review). It's not like it's gone forever... it's trivial to put it back if I need it.

My ereader is my bookbag. My library is on several computers/DVDs/external drives.

I know the device will hold scads and scads more book than I keep on it. But I also know it doesn't have a limitless amount of storage. I will have to delete some at some point eventually. And I'm just one of those annoying people who goes ahead and does something voluntarily right now (when it's convenient and simple), rather than waiting until I'm forced to do it (and it becomes a PITA project) later. *shrug*
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post

Because then I can randomly wave my Kindle around in people's faces and say "Look! Right here!!! I'm holding 923 books!" It's a bragging point.

I like carrying all my books. I do re-read and I like having all the books of my favorite series on the device. I keep everything organized in Collections and I've never found a reason to delete.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #13
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I mostly read library books on my ereader so I got in the habit of deleting as I read. Now I do it for books I own, too.

I have all my unread books in both Calibre and on the reader, except for all the Amazon freebies I've been downloading. Actually I just sat down to tackle that task last night (getting them from Amazon into Calibre). I downloaded a few I want to read... and the rest of them look so bad! As a collection, my Kindle app looks like the world's worst library. And I thought I was being really selective in the books I download, too. (70 books in a few years). I don't even know if I want them cluttering up my Calibre library.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My ereader is my bookbag. My library is on several computers/DVDs/external drives......
This is my reasoning also. Three hundred or so on the reader (bookbag), three thousand or so in callibre (library).
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
I am glad the readers have the capability of holding thousands of books but I personally do not like wading through several pages of books. I read and delete as I go, keeping just a few books that I have notes for editing purposes.
gunbad is offline   Reply With Quote