Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Niamb
Niamb began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Best Way to Get Movies onto the Pocket Edge?

As did many, I got my PE off Woot! So far I am happy with my purchase. With the help of posts here I've been able to upgrade to Ermine and get some apps installed and have even used Calibre to download a book for the ereader.

It seems like a great little device, but how do I get movies onto it? When I travel I often download a movie to watch on the plane, especially now that USAirways no longer shows movies on ANY of its domestic flights (their main hub is my home airport). It appears you can watch movies on this little gem, but how do I get them on there?

I assume I'll need to get a micro SDHC card. What size will I need? What class? Once I've got my SD card installed, how do I get movies. I know how to do it on my iPhone with iTunes but I would guess that won't work with the PE. Are there other sites where I can download feature films that will work with the PE? I'm happy to pay to rent or buy a movie, but where to go?

I also have a nice collection of DVDs. Is there a way to translate and transport a movie from a DVD to my PE? I have an external DVD drive I use with my laptop. Not sure if that would work with the PE or not. I kind of have my doubts on that one.

Anyway, I'd love to be able to leave my Kindle at home, take my PE when I travel and be able to read books on the ereader and watch movies on the a larger screen than my iPhone. So far the help here has been awesome! My thanks in advance.
Niamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I'm watching them from a USB drive (Micro SD card would work as well). Just load the movies onto the drive, insert it into your PE, go to Library/Storage, tap on the USB icon and your movie will show up. Tap it to play.

If you want to transfer it to the device's internal storage, long press the USB icon and and choose "Add to Library".

I'm using mp4's and 3gp's.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert