Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #256
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by citron View Post
Sorry for my stupid question but Im trying about an hour to setup Launchpad.
I installed Launchpad and some application and I got this log in the launchpad.log
but only command which worked was Shift Shift Space to reload.
I restarted the Kindle and log file is empty.
How can I run Kindle PDF reader ( Shift P P) doesnt work.
after I press any key the search menu will pop up...
Any Help?
Thanks
Firmware 3.x probably uses different keycodes than 2.x original DXG firmware. You may need to modify the ini file to make it use K3 keycodes. You can check the keycodes from SSH with:

while:;do waitforkey;done

and press some keys...

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-01-2012 at 01:07 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #257
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevent View Post
Is it possible to install launchpad on a DXG that is already hacked to run the Kindle 3 firmware?
absolutely. This is, actually, what I did this morning.
I did that in order to install the pdfviewer thereafter.

Please provide more details. But first please make sure that every
program you tried to install has been installed correctly and works.

Last edited by h1uke; 05-02-2012 at 12:24 AM.
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #258
bloor
bloor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG 3.2.1
Hello,

In an attempt to get usbnetwork access, I (naively) switched to "auto". Now I am unable to get back to mass storage mode. :S

Would there be a default key combination to switch? I'd love to access the ini file but obviously cannot get the computer to recognize the kindle (dxg on 3.2.1)
bloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #259
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Thank you h1uke, I managed to install launchpad and pdfviewer today (turns out that I forgot to reinstall jailbreak: seems to be necessary even if the k3 itself was installed on a jailbreaked DXG)
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #260
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
From one naive question to another one probably, but: Is it possible to quit launchpad --or is that even necessary? (e.g. to save as much cpu as possible when using the amazon framework)
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 03:27 AM   #261
scottwallacesh
scottwallacesh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Unfortunately these things are deeply buried in obfuscated Java code.

I don't know about such document. The source is the best documentation anyway. Take a look at various scripts in your Kindle and learn as I do.
Try, "lipc-probe -a"
scottwallacesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #262
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
Is this line correct?
N S !/etc/init.d/netwatchd stop & !/etc/init.d/powerd stop &
I want to stop 2 services with one hotkey.
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #263
xxx
xxx began at the beginning.

Device: dxg
Launchpad

Dear h1uke,

currently I use the kindlevnc viewer by Hawhill and it works nicely. I use a kindle dxg, software 2.5.8.

However, the launchpad so far does not work. If I restart my Kindle, the launchpad.log file shows

'
--- Launchpad version 0.0.1c built on Feb 2 2011 03:19:26

Attempting to read key definitions from /mnt/us/launchpad/keydefs.ini
[InputKeys] section has 69 keys
0: 1 = 2
1: 2 = 3
2: 3 = 4
3: 4 = 5
4: 5 = 6
5: 6 = 7
6: 7 = 8
7: 8 = 9
8: 9 = 10
9: 0 = 11
10: Q = 16
11: W = 17
12: E = 18
13: R = 19
14: T = 20
15: Y = 21
16: U = 22
17: I = 23
18: O = 24
19: P = 25
20: A = 30
21: S = 31
22: D = 32
23: F = 33
24: G = 34
25: H = 35
26: J = 36
27: K = 37
28: L = 38
29: Del = 14
30: Z = 44
31: X = 45
32: C = 46
33: V = 47
34: B = 48
35: N = 49
36: M = 50
37: Dot = 52
38: Slash = 53
39: Enter = 28
40: Shift = 42
41: Alt = 56
42: Space = 57
43: aA = 90
44: Sym = 94
45: VPlus = 115
46: VMinus = 114
47: Home = 98
48: < = 109
49: > = 124
50: Menu = 139
51: Back = 91
52: FW_Left = 105
53: FW_Right = 106
54: FW_Up = 122
55: FW_Down = 123
56: FW_Press = 92
57: k3_aA = 190
58: k3_Sym = 126
59: k3_Home = 102
60: k3_Back = 158
61: k3_> = 191
62: lk3_< = 193
63: lk3_> = 104
key code 115 already used by VPlus
key code 114 already used by VMinus
66: k3_FW_Up = 103
67: k3_FW_Down = 108
68: k3_FW_Press = 194
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/servicecmds.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/fbreader.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/rce.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/launchpad.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/cr3.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/keydefs.ini
*** action summary:
1: Shift Space = kill -HUP `pidof launchpad` &
2: Shift I = /mnt/us/launchpad/customupdate.sh
3: Shift S = powerd_test -p
4: Shift A = /etc/init.d/framework restart &
5: Shift C = kill -CONT `pidof cvm` &
6: Shift R = shutdown -r now &
7: Shift H = shutdown -h now &
8: F B = /mnt/us/FBReader/goqt.sh FBReader &
9: F R = /mnt/us/fbKindle/goqt.sh FBReader &
10: C R = /mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3 &
11: X = /mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3 &
'

However - pressing, e.g.
Shift Shift s
results in almost nothing.
Besides the effect that the launchpad.log file turns into a file with zero bytes - an empty file.

Other hotkey series have the same 'effect'

I have installed the jailbrake and also renamed the file keydefs.ini.default into keydefs.ini. But so far that's not a solution.

Do you have a hint?

Best regards
and greetings
Felix
xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #264
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx View Post
However - pressing, e.g.
Shift Shift s
results in almost nothing.
Felix
Err, it's been a while since I did it but you did try the SHIFT SHIFT SPACE first right?

IIRC that reloads up the ini.

I'm no lauchpad expert - that's from the docs I believe. Best of luck, I haven't tried it on my DX yet. perhaps I will, but given you experience - perhaps I won't

One thought: You did also try shifting the 114 and 115 Keycodes (or just eliding them once for a test) right...

"key code 115 already used by VPlus
key code 114 already used by VMinus"

IIIRC there was some mention back at the beginning of this thread about DX having different buttons (slightly) to the model this was configured for (or the other way round I forget)

The point is getting rid of that tiny error at boot could not hurt and is trivial to undertake just to see if it helps.

Best of luck getting it sorted

Last edited by twobob; 07-16-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: added a possible voodoo test to run
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #265
xxx

Hi twobob,

Thanks for the answer!
Even typing SHIFT SHIFT SPACE has the same effect as other shortcuts, it results in a zero length log file.

Further, I removed all the '; Kindle3-specific keys' from the keydefs.ini file. Has also no positive effect.

I'm clueless.

Felix
Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #266
xxx

Hi everybody,

uhh, I just was too slowly entering the key sequence. Found a hint in

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...USB_Networking

Thanks hawhill! I was just astonished that the launchpad.log-file turned into a zero length file every time I entered the key sequences slowly. So, I had the impression that something was going on, but a bug was in the launchpad setup on my kindle dxg.

Now, everything works fine. Just being fast – sometimes – is a solution ;-)

Felix
Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #267
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yes. .7 of a second for the total sequence, no more than .3 secs apart IIRC the conf correctly.

You're not the first one to be caught out by that. Happy days you got it going. Joy and bubbly goodness to your days
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #268
Ste_95
Ste_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Has anyone tried this with the new Kindle 3.4 firmware?
Ste_95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #269
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste_95 View Post
Has anyone tried this with the new Kindle 3.4 firmware?
I'm using it right now. No problems at all. As far as I know, all the hacks work except for keybru(localization)
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #270
Ste_95
Ste_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheeseSte_95 can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I'm using it right now. No problems at all. As far as I know, all the hacks work except for keybru(localization)
Thanks, I will try it then
Ste_95 is offline   Reply With Quote