Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Selecting autoconversion settings

If you try to send a non-device-supported file to your ereader, calibre helpfully offers to convert it. However, I can't seem to figure out how to select specific "autoconvert settings"; neither the granular stuff like whether to add a TOC or smarten punctuation nor even the most basic stuff... like what format I want it converted into. For Kindles it seem to automatically select MOBI as the output, but I'd much prefer azw3... and have the same kind of control over conversion preferences that are afforded by a conversion that's saved to one's computer. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
If you try to send a non-device-supported file to your ereader, calibre helpfully offers to convert it. However, I can't seem to figure out how to select specific "autoconvert settings"; neither the granular stuff like whether to add a TOC or smarten punctuation nor even the most basic stuff... like what format I want it converted into. For Kindles it seem to automatically select MOBI as the output, but I'd much prefer azw3... and have the same kind of control over conversion preferences that are afforded by a conversion that's saved to one's computer. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
The order in the (device) Output driver determines what is sent, and IF none of the ticked format are available, the top one is the auto-conversion preference. No want mobi... untick and push AZW3 above (ticked )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Okeedoke.... so how do i access the output driver of the device?
Old 06-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
A) connect the device: then on the Device (Library Icon): Configure

B) (Device need not be connected) Preferences: Plugins: Output Device Interface Drivers: <select device>: Configure (button)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Right click the device icon ont he calibre toolbar when it is connected and select Configure this device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
ElMiko
Addict

@ Kovid & theducks— Thank you both. I knew there had to be SOME way to do it... just couldn't figure it out.