Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
OUTATIME
Enthusiast
OUTATIME began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
MetaData/Cover picture via librps? Author sort?

Hi all!

So, as of last week I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new Sony Reader PRS-505.

I'd first like to quickly thank all of you who replied to my pre-purchase n00b thread, you all provided valuable and helpful information and I very much appreciate it.

Anyway, on to my new (and undoubtedly first of many) annoying n00b question.

I've got Libprs set up, even to the point where I can retrieve ISBN data and Covers through the program, but I can't seem to get them to save to the reader.

Can I open a file, any LRF for example, retrieve the info and cover, and then drag it on to the memory card from the reader?

I think maybe I'm missing something; every time I do just that the new information just seems to be lost. Generally I remove the card and plug it into a card reader in the PC, but I've tried plugging in the reader directly and it has the same result.

A little help?

I have LRF files on there that have the cover and info already down; I just want to quickly edit those that are wrong and be done with it.

Thanks in advance, once again.

Sincerely,

Alex.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
OUTATIME
Enthusiast

On a related note; how can I get my Author's names to appear in the right order?

For example; Stephen King books show up under S, preferably they'd be King, Stephen.
Advert
Old 02-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How are you transferring books to the reader? Try using the send to device button to transfer to the reader.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
OUTATIME
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
How are you transferring books to the reader? Try using the send to device button to transfer to the reader.
Thanks for the reply.

Can I then drag them out of the Libprs folder and into a custom folder without losing the info/picture?
Old 02-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Outatime: Congratulations on the purchase, and on the usage of that great program.
Am a horrible neophyte on using that thing, but that is my own ignorance and jitteriness.
The illustrious programmer has a sticky on the software, as well as a web wiki at https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net

https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
libprs does not store books in a folder. It stores them in its own database. If you want to save them in some folder, use the save to disk button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote