Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Free/Bargain Suspense/Mystery/Thriller March 2013

Please don't post any self-published books, and please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates. Thanks!

Free from Midnight Ink: For Better, For Murder (A Broken Vows Mystery) by Lisa Bork.

Quote:
Jolene Asdale is just one step away - one sale, in fact - from becoming a successful New York businesswoman. But her dream stalls when a dead body tumbles out of the shiny Ferrari in her exotic car showroom. The victim is Tim Lapham, head of the Finger Lakes zoning board. They'd been dating - and publicly arguing over relocating her business - just months before. The crime brings Jolene face-to-face with Deputy Ray Parker, her almost-ex-husband, whose suspicions are raised when wads of cash and a knife sheath turn up in her home. Many consider Jolene's downtown showroom a major eyesore. Could a spite-driven local be trying to frame her? Facing bankruptcy, a murder conviction, and divorce from the man she still loves, Jolene is on her own in solving the case and saving herself from a loveless life behind bars.
The Lusitania Murders by Max Allan Collins is $2.99 from Thomas & Mercer.

Quote:
The Lusitania’s final voyage is a newsman’s dream. First come the torpedo warnings. Then come the murders…

Journalist and mystery writer Willard Huntington Wright boards the Lusitania in pursuit of a hot story. Under the guise of conducting interviews with prominent passengers, his real assignment is to investigate rumors that the luxury liner is carrying illicit cargo for the British war effort against Germany.

But Wright, traveling under the pseudonym S.S. Van Dine, isn’t the only passenger with an ulterior motive. Hours after the ship receives torpedo threats, three German stowaways are found murdered. And Wright suspects the deaths are part of a larger conspiracy. Comparing clues and matching wits with Detective Philomina Vance, the pair must solve the murders before the killer can sabotage the entire ship. Recreating the days up to the ship’s fatal encounter with a German U-boat, The Lusitania Murders is historical fiction at its entertaining best.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
KDP freebies:

Wrecker's Key by Christine Kling, 4th in her Seychelle Sullivan nautical captain mystery series, originally out from Ballantine in 2008. We've received the first few previously free.

Joan Hall Hovey Suspense Trilogy by the eponymous fellow MR member author. Includes her 2001 Kensington/Zebra-published thriller, which we have previously received standalone.

And Kill A Lawyer by R.J. Jagger, another in his Nick Teffinger detective thriller series. Doesn't actually have a corresponding paper copy (his books rarely do), so I suspect self-pub continuation, but since people have mentioned picking up and reading this series in previous iterations of this thread, might as well toss it in.
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Wrecker's Key by Christine Kling, 4th in her Seychelle Sullivan nautical captain mystery series, originally out from Ballantine in 2008. We've received the first few previously free.
Another continuing series I am collecting but haven't read at all. Thanks anyway.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
KDP freebies:
And Kill A Lawyer by R.J. Jagger, another in his Nick Teffinger detective thriller series.
I haven't managed to read one of these yet, but I love the covers of the Jagger series, with their homage to 1950's pulp. Certainly an effective marketing tool to a specific niche market, since I've got a number piled up TBR. This one goes even a step further, since it looks like a scan of a shelf-worn copy.
Some day, I keep meaning to learn more about the cover artists and cover-market for ebooks. (There's a nice mention of a cover artist's work on JA Konrath's blog, linked from an appropriately titled thread a page or so below.) Even on lowest rung of the self-pub ladder, I'm pretty consistently impressed with the cover art. And, I'm bemused that authors (and sometimes publishers) seem to have a good understanding that the cover art is worth spending money on, but seemingly aren't convinced that the presentation of the "printed" words behind the cover is also worth spending money on.
Thanks for some cool picks, ATDrake!
KentE
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Free from Endeavor Press: The Art of Dying by Anne Morgellyn.

Quote:
August Stockyard is the most outrageous, flamboyant figure on the London art scene.

The heir to a media and property empire, he is vain and attention-seeking - and compulsively fascinating.

But when he dies in a typically theatrical fashion, he leaves a mystery behind him.

Was his death the unfortunate consequence of a kinky sex game gone wrong as it appears at first sight?

Or was it something more sinister?
Free from A-Argus: It's Just One Thing After Another (Donny Weston & Abby Marshall thriller) by David O'Neil.

Quote:
Fresh from their victory over the European Mafia, Donny Weston and Abby Marshall are rewarded with an all-expense-paid trip to the United States. But, as our young couple discover, there is no free lunch and the price they will have to pay for their "free" tour may be more than they can afford to pay. Even so, with the help of a few friends and some formerl enemies, the young duo face danger once again with firm resolve and iron spirit, but will that be sufficient against the odds that are stacked against them? And is their friend actually a friend or is he on the other side? Action, adventure and romance abound, in this the latest escapades of the brave young couple'
Free from Coffeetown Press: My Dear Charlotte by Hazel Holt.

Quote:
My Dear Charlotte is a British Regency mystery set in the early 1800s and infused throughout with the actual language of Jane Austen, one of the world’s great stylists and comic writers. Hazel Holt has published 19 Mrs. Malory mysteries in the tradition of Barbara Pym and has admirers around the world. My Dear Charlotte is a departure from her other work. It is a novel-in-letters written “with the assistance of Jane Austen’s letters.” From the Introduction by Jan Fergus:

"Of course, you don’t have to love Austen to love this book. If you enjoy detective novels, you will find here a completely satisfying murder mystery, coupled with a romance (or more than one, in fact). My Dear Charlotte gives you, in addition to mystery and romance, a portrait of the world of the English gentry at around 1815, immediately after the defeat of Napoleon—its manners and its moral certainty. As in Austen, Napoleon is not directly mentioned, but his shadow is there: one brother of the heroine is a sailor and the other a junior diplomat at the Congress of Vienna. It’s the social world at home that is central, however, with its balls, visits, courtships, gossip, and of course murder, underlining the tensions and rifts within that apparently civilized society.
Free from Camel Press: Murder Half Baked by Kathleen Delaney.

Quote:
A dead man in the cemetery, another in the bakery. Ellen McKenzie has to find the killer soon ... before another death puts a stop to her wedding. The groom is Dan Dunham, Santa Louisa’s Chief of Police. The guest list is growing and Ellen’s dreams of a small, intimate candlelight ceremony are rapidly disappearing. A major distraction is Ellen’s quest to find a new building for Grace House, a halfway house for needy women. Then she finds old Dr Sadler dead in the cemetery, his head bashed in by the arm of a marble angel. Every suspect is connected to Grace House. After it goes up in flames, all the residents, including one new-born, move in with Ellen and Dan. Will Ellen and Dan ever solve the murders and get their lives back?
A bunch of repeat freebies from Camel Press (mostly mysteries).
Advert
Old 03-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #6
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Several nice offerings today. Not free, but at or very near the lowest price they've been at (for single days) in the last year, and a significant discount from standard pricing. @ of these also have reduced price WhisperSync audiobooks available as a companion purchase.

Killing Castro, by Lawrence Block is $2.99 at Amazon US & Kobo
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GTLSH0

http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...Killing+Castro

Quote:
From Booklist
Hard Case Crime continues to resurrect early work by genre stalwart Lawrence Block that was orginally published in mass-market paperback under various pseudonyms. This one may be the most interesting find of all: published in 1961, before the Cuban Missile Crisis and only a few years after Castro assumed control of the government, the novel anticipates the various off-the-wall attempts by the U.S. to assassinate the Cuban leader. Five Americans, some hardened criminals, others idealists with various anti-Castro axes to grind, are offered $20,000 each if any of them succeed in killing the dictator. Three separate plots unwind simultaneously, as Block tracks the reactions of his five principals as they, variously, realize the improbability of their task, stick to their idealistic guns, or come under the sway of the Cuban nationals they encounter. The ending may seem far-fetched in light of later history, but as a kind of alternate pulp history, the novel works just fine, with plenty of blood and bullets and, as always with Block, a fine feel for character. A curiosity, yes, but also an entertaining thriller.

Pale Horse Coming, by Stephen Hunter is also $2.99, Amazon US
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EVNM40
The Audible audiobook is available as an add-on for $3.99
Not reduced at Kobo or B&N as of yet.

Hunter's popular series follows the reluctant hard-man, ex-military sniper Bob Lee Swagger. This one is from a sub-series featuring ing Bob Lee's father, Earl Swagger.
Quote:
From Publishers Weekly
Earl Swagger, the gritty WWII-vet hero of Hunter's bestselling thriller Hot Springs, is back in this virtually un-put-downable gothic chiller about unspeakable evil in the murky Mississippi bayous. In 1951, five years after the conclusion of Hot Springs, straight arrow ex-county prosecutor Sam Vincent tells Earl - his trusted friend and former investigator, now a sergeant in the Arkansas state police - that he has been hired by a Chicago attorney to travel to Thebes, a mythic prison camp in the remote backwaters of Mississippi to verify the death of a black man who is the beneficiary of a will left by a one-time employer. When Earl hasn't heard from Sam by an agreed upon date, he goes looking for him and discovers that he is being held in the prison. Earl frees Sam, but is taken prisoner himself. Tortured by the prison hierarchy who fear he has been sent by a federal agency to expose their abominable secrets, Earl, aided by a trusty, escapes, vowing to return to destroy the camp and kill its evil warden and his henchmen.

Ira Levin's The Boys From Brazil is $2.99 at Amazon US, Kobo, and B&N.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004W8NS5K
The Audible audiobook is available as an add-on for $3.99

http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...ys+from+brazil

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/boys...=9781453217580

Levin wrote many bestsellers that have also been turned into Hollywood movies, including the above, Rosemary's Baby, and The Stepford Wives.

The classic thriller of Dr. Josef Mengele’s nightmarish plot to restore the Third Reich

Quote:
Alive and hiding in South America, the fiendish Nazi Dr. Josef Mengele gathers a group of former colleagues for a horrifying project. Barry Koehler, a young investigative journalist, gets wind of the scheme and informs famed Nazi hunter Yakov Liebermann, but before he can relay the evidence, Koehler is killed.
Thus Ira Levin opens one of the strangest and most masterful novels of his career. Why has Mengele marked a number of harmless aging men for murder? What is the hidden link that binds them? What interest can they possibly hold for their killers: six former SS men dispatched from South America by the most wanted Nazi still alive, the notorious “Angel of Death”? One man alone must answer these questions and stop the killings—Liebermann, himself aging and thought by some to be losing his grip on reality.
KentE

Last edited by KentE; 03-02-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Included information on Audible tie-in audiobooks.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
KentE
...still a Zealot

Another Black Mask /vintage pulp freebie today:

Never Say No to a Killer, by Clifton Adams (originally published as by Jonathon Gant)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF2ABQK
Adams wrote in both Western and Mystery genres, and has been recommended by member BelleZora for his Western novels in an earlier thread:
(Hope you don't mind me referencing that, BelleZora, but that post first made me aware of Clifton Adams!)
There was some discussion of formatting issues with the last Black Mask freebie-- I haven't looked at this one, but if it has similar problems, there is a version on the MR library.

Quote:
THE ROCK WAS about the size of a man's head. A beautiful rock, about twenty pounds of it, and somehow I had to get over to it. The minute I saw it I knew that rock was just the thing I needed. This is going to take some doing, I thought, but I have to get my hands on that rock. Gorgan yelled, "Get the lead out, Surratt! This ain't no goddamn picnic!" Gorgan was one of the prison guards, a red-faced, hairy-armed anthropoid, sadist by instinct, moron by breeding. His lips curled in a grin and he lifted his Winchester 30-30 and pointed it straight at my chest. There was nothing in the world he would like better than an excuse to kill me. He had had his eye on me for a long time. You sonofabitch, I thought, if you knew what was good for you, you would pull that trigger right now, because five minutes from now it's going to be too late!

Author Paul Levine's To Speak for the Dead is free again (last free in April 2012).
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SHDUD6
This is from the first book from his Lassiter series, a more traditional lawyer-who-acts-like-a-PI series than the Solomon & Lord series also featured as a recent freebie. I think Levine does this style better than most.

Quote:
A doctor in love with his patient's wife...
A fatal mistake during surgery...
Accident? Malpractice? Or murder?

Defending a surgeon in a malpractice case, Jake Lassiter begins to suspect that his client is innocent of negligence...but guilty of murder. Add a sexy widow, a deadly drug, and a grave robbery to the stew, and you have the recipe for Miami's trial of the century.

"To Speak for the Dead" introduced the world to Jake Lassiter, the linebacker-turned-lawyer with a hard bark and a tender heart. An international bestseller, Paul Levine's debut novel was named by the Los Angeles Times as one of the best mysteries of the year.
KentE
Old 03-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Dead chapter links on "Never Say No To A Killer."

Try my older one (BBeb):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...no+to+a+killer

(calibre loses the color on the cover)

or the newer ones by Crutchledge. [Link is to the epub, but there's also a mobi version]:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...no+to+a+killer

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-03-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: no possessive
Old 03-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the links, KentE and Dr. Drib! I picked up Don's version. Those old pulps are a lot of fun and Paul Levine is an entertaining writer.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
KentE
...still a Zealot

Thanks for adding the links to the MobileRead "library" versions, Dr. Drib. And a big thanks for doing the earlier edition!
KentE
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You're both welcome. I was heavily involved in creating BBebs [Sony' earlier format] of my favorite pulp and noir authors, but got side-tracked into moderating.

Since then, emphasis has shifted over to epub (and BBeb is effectively dead) - but thanks to calibre, things are pretty much OK.

Now (but not to go to far OT, I hope): If someone could teach me the basics of Sigil.....

Don
Old 03-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #12
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Free on Amazon - short stories from Margaret Frazer's Sister Frevisse series:

Sins of the Blood (Sister Frevisse Medieval Mysteries

Sins of the Blood collects three classic tales of Dame Frevisse: "The Witch's Tale", "The Midwife's Tale", and "The Stone-Worker's Tale". [253 pages]

Last edited by mitford13; 03-03-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
KentE
...still a Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
... I was heavily involved in creating BBebs [Sony' earlier format] of my favorite pulp and noir authors...
Don
Dr. Drib, I've read a bunch of your posts that let me know that you're well-versed in 1950's-era pulp/noir. I'm woefully under-educated in this! (I'm reasonably familiar with a wide range of authors that were still writing in the 1970's, and searched out early works of those I enjoyed; but a lot of authors from slightly earlier were just never "on my radar".) Is there any MR threads or other websites that might "school" me, and provide some good recommendations for reading? I've been poking around the Patricia Clark library this morning-- the problem is I don't know where to start!
KentE
Old 03-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KDP freebie: Love Lies Bleeding by Geraldine Evans, #8 in the Rafferty & Llewellyn humourous British police procedural series which is currently published in its latest volumes by Severn House.

For reasons I know not of, #6 in the series is currently free to all via Smashwords: Dying For You, and #1 and up are priced at $2.99 if interested (no sign yet of Read an Ebook Week couponage).
Old 03-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
ATDrake
Wizzard

A trio of repeat KDP backlist freebies for today:

Wearing the Spider by Susan Schaab. Legal thriller, 2007 from small press Gallvant. Author bio says it was shortlisted for a Debut Dagger from the British Crime Writer's Association, among other newbie writer awards.

The Poisoned Rose & The Bone Orchard by Daniel Judson. First two books in the Gin Palace Trilogy which is a detective uncovering police corruption thriller saga from the looks of it. 2002 from Bantam, blurb says 1st book was a 2002 Shamus Award winner.

Repeat established author self-pubs if you're interested: from Dave Zeltserman (Five Star-published Shamus & Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine Readers Choice Award winner), Mobashar Qureshi (Mercury Press-published), AK Waters & Armand Rosamilia (horror editor, ISFDB entry).

Also, be sure to check out the Read an eBook deals & specials (linkage to the collection thread).

Small press Central Avenue Publishing is planning on having their Thursday freebies be Mystery/Detective, and Canadian backlist republisher Bev Editions is giving away their entire back catalogue thus far on Smashwords, which includes several mystery/thriller titles (as well as some award-winning Canadian humorous literary fiction and history), including the late Lyn Hamilton's 1997 debut archaeological/antiquities murder mystery (non-cozy) which was nominated for the Arthur Ellis Award for best first crime novel in Canada (AEA is like our version of the Edgar awards).

I've read others in that series, and it's fairly good (I may be biased, since I happen to like archaeological/antiquities mysteries (non-cozy)). There's also some Cold War satire thrillers and something based upon the space shuttle, which were all previously published, if you're interested.
Closed Thread