Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
WellyB
WellyB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Exclamation My Reader has frozen!

I was turning a page on my 6 month old Reader and it showed the 'loading' symbol and has stayed that way for around 10 days. The screen has darkened a little ans hort of going back to the shop, I'm not sure how to sort this one out.
Thanks very much.
WellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Based solely on my own experience, I believe you are going to need to do a factory reset.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
mine has only got stuck while checking a word in the dictionary from inside the book. What i did is press the small reset button at the bottom, started the reader again and continued reading.
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
WellyB
WellyB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thank you for your advice, but as I failed to mention in the message, unfortunately I have tried resetting with the button, but to no avail!
WellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If your reading book on SD card remove the SD card could help reader start working again.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
If it's stayed with the loading symbol on it for 10 days I'd bet you've killed your battery. Plug it into an AC charger and then do a hard reset.

Hard & Soft Reset Instruction Link
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen screen, loading, sony