Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
Rogier
Rogier began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 & Iliad Bookworm
Converting XML + XSL to Epub. Is there an easy way to do it?

Hello guys,

I have a small question about converting books into Epub.

At the moment I have some books in XML + XSL and I would like to convert them into Epub. It's possible, because now im converting XML + XSL into Mobipocket with the Mobipocket Creator, after that I am using Calibre to convert Mobipocket into Epub. But I have like 250 books to go.

Is there a faster way to convert XML files into Epub?

2nd question: At the moment my XML books are in 1 XML file so each book has his own XML file. How do I easily "chop" them in seperated chapters?

Greetings,

Rogier.
Rogier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Maybe convert them into html/xhtml & run that through Calibre's html2epub, which can do the chapter splitting at the same time?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
XSL is a Extensible Style sheet. It is usually combined with an XML document using an XSLT (transformation) that outputs some type of text. That text could be Html or RTF or whatever the XSL is designed. Your best bet is to use an XSL that will transform the ebook into Html.. then you can use calibre to get it into whatever ebook format you want.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
Rogier
Rogier began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 & Iliad Bookworm
Do you guys recommend any good converter? Because at the moment I am using Oxygen xml editor and it removes my tables when I export it to HTML.
Rogier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I think for Windows XML Spy is the grand daddy XML/XSL/XSLT editor. however it is not free. It does have a 30day free trial.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert