Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Windows wants to "scan and fix" my Glo's drive - do I let it?

I upgraded to 2.5.1 2 days ago via wireless sync, and ever since every time I plug my Glo in, I get a pop up window (screenshot attached) saying "there might be a problem with some files" and offering a prompt to let Windows "scan and fix" the drive. This is Kobo's main memory, NOT the SD card.

I have been hitting "continue" for fear that letting it do this might mess up my Glo. But I am getting sick of getting this pop up EVERY time. Will it hurt to let it "scan and fix" the Glo? If so, how do I get rid of the pop up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scankobo.png
Views:	376
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	105276  
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I had this happen and let it do the "fix". No errors were found and nothing was changed. I believe it may have been due to an improper (from Microsoft's POV) removal of the device from the USB port.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
When Windows write-accesses a removable drive, it sets the so-called "dirty bit" in the drive's file system as a flag that the drive needs to be properly disconnected to be sure that all the writes have completed and the file system is consistent. Windows clears the dirty bit when it disconnects the drive properly. If you unplug the drive without properly disconnecting, the dirty bit remains set. When you connect a removable drive to Windows, it checks to see if the dirty bit is set, and if so it warns you that a drive scan is recommended. Probably the scan won't find any errors, and it will then clear the dirty bit.
(http://www.raymond.cc/blog/manually-...ithout-chkdsk/)
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks. I will let it "fix" it then. I am 99% sure that I didn't disconnect the Glo without ejecting it first, but who knows. Maybe I spaced out and don't remember it.
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote