Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Grrr... Corrupted Database

Was in the process of using Calibre today to rearrange some books on the Kobo.

Somehow at one point, a book I was not touching (Gulliver's Travels from the MobileRead) became damaged in the database; it dissapeared by title from the Books view, but somehow appeared twice as "Unknown Title". Opening either entry displayed the book.

Calibre could still find the book though.

I then dropped the book (I don't recall whether it was done by Calibre or the unit itself; I think it must have been via Calibre).

After the disconnect of the Kobo, the book still showed with two entries on the Kobo, but attempting to open either one gave the "Content Locked" message. Trying to drop either one resulted in the Kobo rebooting.

In desperation I proceeded to do a factory reset of the Kobo (of course; foolish me) I had NOT made a copy of what books I had on the unit... LOL..

Have any of the 3rd party hackers thought of creating a tool that could be used to validate the various Kobo tables, point out which database entities are inconsistent, and provide the ability to remove them?

Last edited by PeterT; 01-09-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Changed Developer to 3rd Party Hackers
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Peter: I know you have both Kobo-1 and the WiFi version. From what I have been told, the WiFi version reset will fix a Db, but the Db in the Kobo-1, if it has not been replaced and still has the preloaded books in it, doesn't necessarily heal itself when you do a reset.

Last edited by taming; 01-09-2011 at 04:40 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Actually; now we're only using the WiFi versions. The wife magically got a WiFi for Xmas, and currently, her classic is sitting unused

And yes... the reset on the WiFi did a wonderful job of wiping everything out All files gone; DB / Preloaded books back lige magic.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
As we spoke about earlier, an SD card can be a beautiful thing .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Actually; now we're only using the WiFi versions. The wife magically got a WiFi for Xmas, and currently, her classic is sitting unused

And yes... the reset on the WiFi did a wonderful job of wiping everything out All files gone; DB / Preloaded books back lige magic.
I'll take your old one
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert