Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902, Nook Tablet
Piers Anthony

I've been reading the first book in the Incarnations of Immortality series and so far, I'm really enjoying it.

Book 1 is On a Pale Horse, check it out sometime. If you're a fan of fiction/fantasy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_a_Pale_Horse

Anyone else a fan?
Lester Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the "Reading Recommendations" forum, where it clearly belongs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Moved to the "Reading Recommendations" forum, where it clearly belongs.
Sorry about that, chief.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I enjoyed his Phaze books a lot. Also the Xanth novels. I wasn't too fond of some of his more recent work, though.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I liked The Incarnations of Immortality Series and even the first Xanth Novels. After a while they got tiresome to me.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I remember the Incarnations of Immortality holding my attention for two or three books. I enjoyed them, but as with most genre series, he tried to get too many books out of one idea and I eventually became bored and moved on.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
I enjoyed the incarnations of immortality series. Does anyone know where to get it in ebook? I can only find "Being a Green Mother". My kids trashed my pbooks and I want to read it again.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillette.rm View Post
I enjoyed the incarnations of immortality series. Does anyone know where to get it in ebook?
Mundania Press, an sf/fantasy/mystery small press originally set up to print some of Piers Anthony's less mainstream-marketable work, have book #8 in the Immortality series listed on his author page (and may eventually start getting in more if the rights revert).

They sell in various formats direct from their site and also re-sell most of their titles MultiFormat through Fictionwise, and there's a 45% off coupon for this weekend in the Deals forum if you want to pick it up.

Hope this helps.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:40 AM   #9
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
About the only book of his that I'd like to buy as an ebook is Macroscope, but it's only available as a PDF.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:13 AM   #10
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
wow, haven't thought of incarnations in years, although i regularly revisit the first 3 books of phaze. i'll have to revisit incarnations. piers anthony tended to get too formula within each series - i often enjoyed the first 3 of each, maybe 4, although i used to read further since i used to buy them used.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham View Post
I've been reading the first book in the Incarnations of Immortality series and so far, I'm really enjoying it.
Where did you get it from? It doesn't appear to be available as an e-book in the places I've looked at.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #12
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Where did you get it from? It doesn't appear to be available as an e-book in the places I've looked at.
It's an actual book-book. Paper. Got it used from a store here in the mall.

I hate the mall.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham View Post

I hate the mall.
Not as much as I do. I used to have my business in a mall and was so glad when I moved. I still get people who ask me if I miss being in a mall.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #14
Arcflup
Arcflup can extract oil from cheeseArcflup can extract oil from cheeseArcflup can extract oil from cheeseArcflup can extract oil from cheeseArcflup can extract oil from cheeseArcflup can extract oil from cheeseArcflup can extract oil from cheeseArcflup can extract oil from cheese

Device: Lots
I could never get on with Incarnations tried a few times, likewise Cluster and Tarot.

I loved Tyrant, Battle Circle and Apprentice Adept original trilogy.

Really enjoyed Isle of Woman as well must read the rest of Geodyssey sometime.

Can't stand Xanth.
Arcflup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Really enjoyed Isle of Woman as well must read the rest of Geodyssey sometime.
I enjoyed Isle of Woman, too. But Shame of Man is basically the same book over again.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote