Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #151
cheongk
cheongk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yipee!!!!! Thank you very much.

Managed to load my Kindle 3 (v3.2.1) with Duokan lite.
My wife will be very busy this weekend catching up with her reading.
cheongk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #152
pimpoum
Enthusiast
pimpoum began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi,

is there a way to open a predefined book with the launchpad?

thanks
pimpoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #153
bibiboo
bibiboo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
I want to take more than one screenshot so anybody have the way to make kindle take screenshots and save them on the root folder with file name like screenshot1.bmp, screenshot2.bmp, etc.
bibiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #154
Gismo
Gismo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 3G
Kindle dictaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
If you want to turn you Kindle into a dictaphone, just unzip and copy this file to your launchpad folder.
A S command (= Shift,A,S sequence) then starts a new recording, A E command stops it.
The recordings are stored in [USER STORE]/records by default, you can change it by editing RECDIR variable in the ini file.
E.g. changing to "music" will give you an option to play the records with MPlayer.
Generated filenames contain date, time and .wav extension:
2011-02-28_09-32-06.wav

Always make sure to stop the recording or you will run out of space after some time.
Hi everybody!

I made a more usable version of dsmid's Dictaphone mod.

The recorded files appear in the "audible" folder of the Kindle, and on the Home screen too (after sliding the power switch twice). I tested it on a Kindle 3 3G.
New feature: collections can be made of recorded audio files. When you open a recordde file, you can bookmark, pause, fast forward, etc., just like you do with an audiobook. A little cosmetical problem is that during the playing process it doesn't show information about length, title and there is no progress bar.
But it works! Pause, fast forward, rewind buttons work well.
Recorded files can be used without PC on Kindle now!

The extension of files is ".wav!.mp3".
It looks funny, but this extension has a warning function too. It warns you that it must be renamed back to ".wav" before using them on a PC else mp3 player softwares will not play them. Pc audio player sofwares don't like renamed Wav files.

I would like to get a little help from you guys. The recently recorded file appears only on the Home screen, when i slide power key twice or connect Kindle to PC and unmount it or i restart Kindle. Alt+Z shortcut doesn't help too. Is there any solution for showing it immediately after recording progress stopped?

Thanks,
Gismo

PS. Sorry for my bad english.

Here is the new record.ini file.
Just extract it and copy to Kindle's launchpad dir!

Update: Auto refresh Home screen solved! Thanks to thomass!!!
See below!
Attached Files
File Type: zip record.zip (320 Bytes, 1074 views)

Last edited by Gismo; 08-14-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: New, more advanced version of the zipped .ini file.
Gismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #155
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
. Is there any solution for showing it immediately after recording progress stopped?

Thanks,
Gismo

I
I tried, however it didn't work for me. Am I need something other than launchpad?
adding this command may help to refresh: dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1 &
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #156
Gismo

Wow!

This piece of code is perfect for auto-refresh Home screen! Thanks!
I replaced the file in my previous post to the new one (with auto-refreshing feature).

What was the problem at you?
Was the original dsmid's Dictaphone mod work for you?
Did you tried the Shift - Shift - Space key sequence to restart Launchpad (after you copied record.ini or replaced the old record.ini) and load the new record.ini file?

Thanks,
Gismo
Old 08-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #157
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, it works. launchpad didn't consider new commands possible because I uninstalled the jailbreak hack. I reinstalled jb, then it fixed now. thanks...
Old 08-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #158
Gismo

Great!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:05 AM   #159
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Am starting to get to grips with my new Kindle 3G EU version with Firmware 3.2.1. So far I do have Jailbreak and Launchpad successfully running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
If you want to be able to switch portrait/landscape display mode with simple launchpad command, just unzip and copy this file to your launchpad folder.
R command (= Shift,R sequence) then serves as a switcher.
A query with the Rotate function that was posted. The rotate works correctly (thank you) to landscape but does not toggle back again to portrait when I do it again. As am new to the syntax in the .ini files, I am unsure if I am supposed to create a similar command to get back to portrait or do something else.

Ideas gratefully received.

Update: have found it does work as a toggle. But am having difficulty in getting the launchpad commands to consistently work. It must be my "key press" action !

Last edited by pdagenius; 08-19-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Further info
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #160
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Question

First off: THANKS h1uke and everyone else that helped get launchpad to where it is today.

I rooted my K3 today and installed launchpad a little bit ago. I created some scripts to rotate files in and out of my music directory. As part of that I use the dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1 cmd to supposedly refresh what the framework sees of it's filesystem (feel free to give a more exact explanation). All of this is kicked off successfully by launchpad. My scripts work, the refresh appears to work; however, music player (I'm using the stock Kindle player) doesn't seem to recognize the change in files.

Scenario:
Alt-Space to play some music. Get tired of that album so I press Alt-Space again to stop it.
Then I press my lp key combo Shift M to run my script.
Then I try Alt-Space to kick off the player again, but get nothing. (Even if I rotate around to the original album, it won't play.)
Connecting and disconnecting to a pc sorts out music player.

SO the question is: what other commands could I call to force the Kindle into doing whatever resets/scans it does after disconnecting from a pc?
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:00 AM   #161
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryran View Post
SO the question is: what other commands could I call to force the Kindle into doing whatever resets/scans it does after disconnecting from a pc?
Some com.lab126.powerd. commands are: goingToScreenSaver, outOfScreenSaver, suspending, resuming, userShutdown, outOfShutdown, usbPlugOut,

may help.

Last edited by thomass; 09-27-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:28 AM   #162
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
Hi everybody!

I made a more usable version of dsmid's Dictaphone mod.

The recorded files appear in the "audible" folder of the Kindle, and on the Home screen too (after sliding the power switch twice). I tested it on a Kindle 3 3G.
New feature: collections can be made of recorded audio files. When you open a recordde file, you can bookmark, pause, fast forward, etc., just like you do with an audiobook. A little cosmetical problem is that during the playing process it doesn't show information about length, title and there is no progress bar.
But it works! Pause, fast forward, rewind buttons work well.
Recorded files can be used without PC on Kindle now!

The extension of files is ".wav!.mp3".
It looks funny, but this extension has a warning function too. It warns you that it must be renamed back to ".wav" before using them on a PC else mp3 player softwares will not play them. Pc audio player sofwares don't like renamed Wav files.

I would like to get a little help from you guys. The recently recorded file appears only on the Home screen, when i slide power key twice or connect Kindle to PC and unmount it or i restart Kindle. Alt+Z shortcut doesn't help too. Is there any solution for showing it immediately after recording progress stopped?

Thanks,
Gismo

Update: Auto refresh Home screen solved! Thanks to thomass!!!
See below!
this seems to work but all the recordings are zero length with no audio in them! have tried recording for short and long times...no difference.

Last edited by max99; 08-23-2011 at 06:32 AM.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #163
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
All com.lab126.powerd. commands are: goingToScreenSaver, outOfScreenSaver, suspending, resuming, userShutdown, outOfShutdown

may help.
Thank you thomass! I actually gave up on the stock mp3 player once I found fbdev's awesome kinamp/mplayer combo so I haven't tried any of those. In retrospect, killing the audioserver process might've helped as well.... In any case, if someone comes across this eventually, they should be able to figure it out now.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #164
Gismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
this seems to work but all the recordings are zero length with no audio in them! have tried recording for short and long times...no difference.
Hi!

When you opened a recording from the home screen or a collection, at first sight the recording is zero-length and it will not be played automatically. After opening you have to play them too. Just select Play button (selected by default) on the bottom of the screen and hit the middle button of the 5-way pad to start playing.

I developed and tested this .ini on a Kindle 3 3G EU (v3.2.1+JB+LP) and it works for me.

It worked for thomass too.
I think it should work for you too. Just try again.

Was the original dsmid's Dictaphone mod work for you?

Thanks,
Gismo

Last edited by Gismo; 08-23-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #165
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Gismo,
good idea.

Thanks for the improvement.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote