Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #16
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
by the whiteballs reflecting light back into the case while blackballs absorb light.
The same balls remain in the same x/y positions on the screen no matter what-- all that changes is their depth. The amount of light that they absorbed would not be changed by their depth. A backlit eink screen would be uniform in appearance. Feel free to destroy your reader, but don't encourage others to do so.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Well I'll give my opinion when you're able to achieve that, considering it doesn't remove the benefit of the eInk.

I think side lights/leds would be more useful and effective.

I sincerely don't know why no one thought of doing something similar to the old gameboy lights (with some modifications ofc).

It would be easy to do and it would light all the screen I think.

Or maybe that's just a silly idea
But who knows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	537951-gameboy_light_super.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	72177  
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, kindle, led, light, torch