Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sony Store: Dial Up: Yes, High Speed: No

I can access the Sony Store from the eBook Library when I'm on dial up but cannot access it via high speed.

At home, I try logging in via my ISP (Comcast High Speed) and get the spinning wheel of death for a few minutes then the following message: "Page not available. The page you are trying access is unavailable. http error 502"

But when I use the dial up at my customer site, I get right in. When I try the high speed internet at my office, I get the same error message.

I called Sony Customer Support and got some friendly soul from El Salvador who tried his best but couldn't figure it out. So I get promoted to Level Two Problem and re-routed. But Level Two put me on Ignore, er Hold and never actually answered the phone.

Anybody ever have this problem? BTW, I did try switching off my firewall to no avail.

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
This might be something with your ISP, not Sony.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could be but I had the same problem when I tried to access the Store using high speed (from a different provider than my home) in my office. I expect I've got some setting or other wrong, maybe in Network Connections.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Sony Customer Support finally figured it out. It was the proxy setting in Internet Explorer. They reset it for me and now it works fine.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Sony Customer Support finally figured it out. It was the proxy setting in Internet Explorer. They reset it for me and now it works fine.
what was it set to? And what did they change it to?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I'm glad it has been sorted. I'm with Comcast and never had a problem connecting to Sony. I would have suggested a DNS server issue if it wasn't already sorted.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

I was letting the customer service rep control my laptop and didn't clearly undestand what he did.

He had Internet Explorer opened and had clicked on the Internet Options menu and opened the Connections Tab. Beyond that I haven't a clue