Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #2491
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Okay.

Thanks, I don't think the server is online at the moment Nothing happens when I try to open a link.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #2492
julianabr
julianabr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
A while ago you got a request to support this site:

http://meryton.com/aha/index.php?showforum=47
(this is the link directly to the forum that holds the completed fanfics)

But since it was password protected and a forum-based fanfic site, you declined. I was wondering if you would reconsider, based on the following information:

bugmenot has this common username/password combo
JAReader/loveausten

Yes, it is a forum, but authors create their own locked topics, where they post a chapter at a time. No one other than the author is allowed to post on this topic. There is a TON of Jane Austen fanfic there that is nowhere else. Currently, the only way to get it on my kindle in any kind of reasonably formatted way, is to copy and paste into word, and try and search and replace all the extra crap that the 'copy' lifted from the page.

Given this, would you take another look at supporting this site as well?

Thanks for such a great tool, here online and as the calibre plug in

juliana
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #2493
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianabr View Post
Currently, the only way to get it on my kindle in any kind of reasonably formatted way, is to copy and paste into word, and try and search and replace all the extra crap that the 'copy' lifted from the page.
I can't speak toward FFDL's support for this site, but as a better workaround than copying and pasting perhaps you could take a look at the GrabMyBooks plugin? It allows you to build up an ebook from one or more web pages by grabbing just certain elements of the page, and can remember the "rules" you set up for any given website so you can quickly grab similarly-formatted stuff. I've found it excellent for making ebooks out of any old random article I come across.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #2494
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Test version with a fix for potionsandsnitches.net.

Just a reminder, there are instructions on how to manually install plugins in the plugins introduction post.

UPDATE Mar 08, 2014 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-09-2014 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 03-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #2495
distaltaper
distaltaper began at the beginning.

Device: Desktop PC
Is there a way to configure FanfictionDownloader so not all <span> element style attributes get stripped out? Is there a way for me to preserve style information enclosed in a span element in the original html?

Enjoying the plugin so far. Very slick.
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #2496
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by distaltaper View Post
Is there a way to configure FanfictionDownloader so not all <span> element style attributes get stripped out? Is there a way for me to preserve style information enclosed in a span element in the original html?

Enjoying the plugin so far. Very slick.
Glad you like it.

In personal.ini you can set the keep_style_attr setting for all sites in the [defaults] section or for a particular site by adding a section for it.

Code:
## If set true, any style attributes on tags in the story HTML will be
## kept.  Useful for keeping extra colors & formatting from original.
keep_style_attr: true
Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #2497
bianca.slate
bianca.slate began at the beginning.

Device: kindle/calibre
[QUOTE=JimmXinu;2776532]Test version with a fix for potionsandsnitches.net.

I used the command line install procedure. The test new story: No One Noticed downloaded fine.

When I tried to check for new chapters to a previously downloaded story, A Travesty, the story file updated, but the number of chapters in the calibre preview pane says 5, and the story now has 11 chapters.

Is that a Calibre error, not updating the preview of the EPUB 1st page?
Old 03-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #2498
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianca.slate View Post
I used the command line install procedure. The test new story: No One Noticed downloaded fine.

When I tried to check for new chapters to a previously downloaded story, A Travesty, the story file updated, but the number of chapters in the calibre preview pane says 5, and the story now has 11 chapters.

Is that a Calibre error, not updating the preview of the EPUB 1st page?
Does the title page inside the epub should show the correct chapter count? If it's only the cover image in calibre that's out of date, make sure that you have the option in FFDL config for updating the cover turned on. See attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	206
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	119765  
Old 03-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #2499
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
auto-convert feature

So I finally got around to updating FFDL (I was a couple versions behind >_<) and found this wonderful little addition "Automatically convert new/update books?" Yay!

My only problem now is that it only works on newly added books. Am I mistaken that it should also convert updated books? My basic page is below, should I change something to make it work better?

Click image for larger version

Name:	FFDL basic.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	119928

Old 03-07-2014, 01:18 AM   #2500
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linwe View Post
So I finally got around to updating FFDL (I was a couple versions behind >_<) and found this wonderful little addition "Automatically convert new/update books?" Yay!

My only problem now is that it only works on newly added books. Am I mistaken that it should also convert updated books? My basic page is below, should I change something to make it work better?
Updates should also kick off the convert. They do for me...
Old 03-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #2501
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I know it's a lot to ask, but would adding either of these sites be possible?

http://www.tolkienfanfiction.com
http://www.henneth-annun.net

Both are active and have stories that are unavailable anywhere else.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #2502
abhiishekagrawal
abhiishekagrawal began at the beginning.

Device: nook
error while downloading from fanfiction.net.

is anyone getting this error while downloading from fanfiction.net??
Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
<urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9622291/1/

Please help if anyone knows the solution.

Last edited by abhiishekagrawal; 03-07-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #2503
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
I know it's a lot to ask, but would adding either of these sites be possible?

http://www.tolkienfanfiction.com
http://www.henneth-annun.net

Both are active and have stories that are unavailable anywhere else.
tolkienfanfiction.com appears have ~20 updates in the last 6 months and 1031 total stories. I've added to the 'Sites under consideration' list, but it's not going to be priority.

henneth-annun.net is already supported. The full list of supported sites is here.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #2504
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
henneth-annun.net is already supported. The full list of supported sites is here.
Ah, sorry, I missed that. Yay!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #2505
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Test version with additional profile times debug output. Investigating issue 59, possible (unintended) slow down.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-18-2014 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Closed Thread