Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
jdomingos76
Enthusiast
jdomingos76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and 3 Int
Preferences -> Output options freezing after 0.7.45

I've done a fresh install of 0.7.45 on two different PC's and every time I access preferences -> Output Options, Calibre freezes.
jdomingos76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have broken fonts on your systems. STart calibre in debug mode and the log will contain a list of broken fonts.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
t3hknr
t3hknr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3int
@jdomingos76: Try running "Disc Cleanup" tool and delete thumbnails and tempfiles - helped in my case
t3hknr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
arslonga
Connoisseur
arslonga began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am afraid the issue may be more complex. The portable version debug mode log appears below. Any insights?

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.61
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Windows
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Started up in 5.08 seconds with 1 books
arslonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->Look and feel and change the interface font to something standard like verdana or arial.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #6
arslonga
Connoisseur
arslonga began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is this a bug in Calibre or a problem with Windows? I am asking because if the problem is on my PC I would be grateful if you could let me know the additional files or registry tweak or whatever settings I have to modify on my PC.

Thank you.
arslonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by arslonga View Post
Is this a bug in Calibre or a problem with Windows? I am asking because if the problem is on my PC I would be grateful if you could let me know the additional files or registry tweak or whatever settings I have to modify on my PC.

Thank you.
Windows does updates (to windows) that seems to corrupt the linkage to the Calibre font setting. Just reselect a standard font in preferences. There is no Registry involved.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote