Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 07:32 AM   #151
ernstlustig
ernstlustig began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX C67ML Afterglow 2 - rooted
On my rooted device an external keyboard via powered OTG adapter works like a charm.
I didn't use a powered USB hub. Just a breakout-adapter between OTG and keyboard.
ernstlustig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #152
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahatha View Post
ok i got the powered USB hub and a keyboard but it just doesn't work. our little device is just not capable of connecting anything through USB, the only thing it can do is charging. however, I have found a perfect solution via WiFi,if anyone is interested, I can write it,it works perfectly.
It's definitely capable of connecting to usb peripherals. Although I don't have a normal powered otg cable, I do have a proprietary one that works with a particular tablet, and I used that in a pinch (no root for me) to get a usb mouse connected and it worked fine, however because of the oddities in that tablet and how that cable worked (normal otg cables won't work with my other tab), it tended to cut out every few minutes. But the capability is there with the right connection.

I am sorry the usb hub didn't work though and that I can't provide a clearer path. And I'm glad you found a workable solution. If you want a backup solution, I'd pester ernst for more details on his adapter.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:03 AM   #153
mahatha
mahatha began at the beginning.

Device: rooted onyx boox afterglow 2
Thank you for the replies! Dear Ernst, could you tell me what a breakout adapter is and what kind of shop I can get it from?
mahatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM   #154
ereader25
Enthusiast
ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.

Device: looking
Has anyone figured out how to install the "real" version of fbreader? (Instead of the customized one that comes with it)

I want to use some of the fbreader plugins like sync and tts but they don't work with the custom fbreader that was preinstalled
ereader25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #155
LudekTalian
LudekTalian began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Kindle4, OnyxBoox AG2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereader25 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to install the "real" version of fbreader? (Instead of the customized one that comes with it)

I want to use some of the fbreader plugins like sync and tts but they don't work with the custom fbreader that was preinstalled
I´ve tried. Not so successfully.
I´ve communicated a lot with customer support of Onyx and resume is - not possible
Preinstalled fbreader is so close tied to system... I´ve even tried to uninstall it via app that is able to uninstall system applications - but it lead to so many force restarts...
So... That´s piti, because I was used to use fbreader too...
(Now I´m using Alreader - it is "almost" like fbreader)
LudekTalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #156
ereader25
Enthusiast
ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.

OK thank you for your recommendation, alreader seems very nice so far!

Do you use text to speech with Alreader on your ag2? I can't seem to get it to work, it will highlight and read one sentence and then just stop.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:34 PM   #157
ereader25
Enthusiast

Second question - any idea how to change the default tts engine? I thought maybe the onyx tts was causing the problems so I have downloaded the Google tts engine, but don't know how to set it as default.

From what I have read in android 4.2.2+ the option should be under settings > language and input, and there should be an option for tts output there. But our ag2s don't have this option if you go to the language and settings menu, so I'm stumped.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #158
ereader25
Enthusiast

Ok so I found a work around - if you have moonreader pro when you go to start tts it gives you the option to set a time limit. Next to that is a little gear icon. If you click that it takes you to the tts settings in android system and you can change the default engine. Google tts is working beautifully, much more functional than onyx tts. Strangely, if I go back from the system tts menu it takes me to the language and input menu, but there is still no tts option there, so they must have hidden it. Too bad to make this so hard to fix.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:13 AM   #159
LudekTalian
LudekTalian began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Kindle4, OnyxBoox AG2
I´ve never tried any TTS, but I´ve noticed, that some pepole use SWOX for that purposes...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vox.classic&hl
So... You can try
LudekTalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #160
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereader25 View Post
Ok so I found a work around - if you have moonreader pro when you go to start tts it gives you the option to set a time limit. Next to that is a little gear icon. If you click that it takes you to the tts settings in android system and you can change the default engine. Google tts is working beautifully, much more functional than onyx tts. Strangely, if I go back from the system tts menu it takes me to the language and input menu, but there is still no tts option there, so they must have hidden it. Too bad to make this so hard to fix.
There I posted a solution for similar TTS problems with Boyue T62 (missing TTS options in system settings).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:58 AM   #161
Nico0
Nico0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
Hello everyone,

For the batterie it is recommended on the internet to install apps like Deep Sleep or SetCPU, but you have to roote it before. And I don't want to do so.

Do you have any advice for applications to save battery without rooting ?

Thank you.
Nico0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #162
bulek
Enthusiast
bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML AG2
As you already heard ArtaTech has not longer a connection to Onyx International and therefore AfterGlow owners (and some other models such as Lynx) cannot count on any software updates anymore. The solution is of course to change the firmware to the original (not branded) done by Onyx Int. To my surprise Onyx Int announced by mail to one of Polish forum users that they are going to release a special software versions for models sold by ArtTech (AG2, Lynx, etc.). Will it happen? I can't guarantee but I count on much better customer approach from Onyx Int side than from AT (especially that they did not have to do that at all).
bulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #163
bulek
Enthusiast
bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML AG2
It seems Onyx Int just published a software dedicated to AfterGlow 2. For those daring to upgrade - http://www.onyx-international.com/in...h-c67ml-v1-7-3 .
bulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:42 AM   #164
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Dear Clients,
ONYX International has launched firmware updates for two ebook readers: BOOX AfterGlow 2 and BOOX C67S Classic. Due to the fact that Arta Tech Poland ceased the cooperation with ONYX International, the company couldn’t test the new version of the firmware (1.7.3) for both models earlier. Because of this situation, updates were made independently by the producer, without any influence or feedback from Arta Tech.
We already know that some of the features has been removed by ONYX International: support for Booxsource.com bookstore, Midiapolis News Reader, Midiapolis Drive and quickDic dictionary. Our internal tests of BOOX C67S Classic running on 1.7.3 firmware has pointed out few problems: general slowdown of the device and various problems with the previously implemented software features. Some operations may cause conflicts with the originally designed interface.
That is why Arta Tech recommends patience for all BOOX AfterGlow 2 and BOOX C67S Classic users. We are also asking for your far-reaching consideration before updating the software on your devices. Arta Tech is in the middle of the new firmware evaluation process. We will immediately inform you about the further results of our internal tests. If possible, please postpone for now the FW upgrade process of your devices.
Sincerely,
The Management Board and Co-workers of the Company
Arta TechInkBOOK brand owner , InkWATCH and Midiapolis
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:09 PM   #165
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Will anyone recommend this over Boyue T62 as far as thew battery and the weight goes?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote