Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
KOBO ON THE SUNNY SIDE

Link found on the Kobo Facebook discussion group:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...unny-side.html

Later, I spoke to Michael Serbinis, Kobo’s forty-something C.E.O., who had been described to me by one of his devoted followers as a “visionary.” Indeed, Serbinis sounds like he might make a good prophet, or at the very least a good evangelical preacher. Most weeks he holds a raucous “Town Hall,” where he gets his staff fired up for the war they are waging, casting Kobo as David facing Amazon’s Goliath. Attendees report that his energy at the events is infectious.

“What we’re doing is the first major change in publishing in hundreds of years,” he told me. “Our device is a great marketing tool, but we’re first and foremost a content company, and you can take our content to any device you want. For us, it’s about escape, adventure, learning. It’s about the books.”
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I read the article earlier today. Really nice!
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
As one of the techies.. i take exception to our being less fashionably dressed.

Perhaps we don't have the time in the morning to carefully pick out our outfits and do our hair because we're busy .. um... MAKING STUFF.

;-)

All in good fun.

P.S. I also take exception to 'paler'. pffftt....
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Ha ha! Sameer I wondered if you were one of the techies - did you have a nice time at the party - even if you were looking pale and less fashionably dressed?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
haha ! sameer, i don't work for kobo, but i'm something of a techie myself, and i'm holding up our reputation being very stylishly dressed (although i have to admit i am pretty pale). and i suspect quite a few of us around here are techies so you are in good company. i am sure the parties are a lot of fun regardless of how you're dressed !

thanks for posting this article, dmacmart, it's great to be a "fly on the wall" along with the reporter.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
As one of the techies.. i take exception to our being less fashionably dressed.

Perhaps we don't have the time in the morning to carefully pick out our outfits and do our hair because we're busy .. um... MAKING STUFF.

;-)

All in good fun.

P.S. I also take exception to 'paler'. pffftt....
You guys are using Scrum? If so, hats off to you.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Keep on making stuff, Sameer!
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote