Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
tashiegirl
tashiegirl began at the beginning.

Device: pc
keyboard shortcuts?

Hi, I'm a blind screenreader user who is trying to access the conversion feature of calibre, but I can't, because the user interface appears to be entirely graphical (no text labels for buttons). If someone could either label the buttons, or implement keyboard shortcuts, that would be great. Also, is there a way to access the comand line interface without interacting with the application? that is another potential solution.
tashiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There are some keyboard shortcuts. The ones I remember off the top of my head are E for edit metadata and V for view current book. I'm not sure where to look for a complete list.

The help file for the command line interface is at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/cli/cli-index.html
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just right click anywhere in the books list to see a list of keyboard shortcuts.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
tashiegirl
tashiegirl began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Unfortunately, at this point, I can't get any useful information out of calibre with my screenreader. This means that I can't click on the books list, and I can't access the command line interface from within the application. I don't know enough about programming to tell you what needs to happen for calibre to be accessible, but a menu bar that can be accessed with the keyboard, or at least labels for the graphical buttons would be helpful.
tashiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The buttons do have labels.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The buttons do have labels.
It seems however you have created this app her screen reader program doesn't find it friendly.

The good news is that you have a great command line interface, which she indicates may suit her purpose.

@tashiegirl the web manual for the command line interface for the conversion program is here.

The rest of the command line utilities are described here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote