Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
keeska
Connoisseur
keeska has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony T1, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Note 3
How to print list of books in SONY Reader Library software

I am using the SONY "Reader Library" software version 3.1 and would like to print a list of the books in my library. However there is no print item in any menu. The "Select all" item in the Edit menu does select all of the lines in the Books window but "Copy" in the same menu does not copy the selected lines nor anything else.

Is there a way to get a list of the books in my library other then Print Screen?
keeska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Nope. Apparently Sony didn't think that their readers would want a list of books owned.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
jseager
jseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to beholdjseager is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony PRS-300
It takes some manual doing, if you don't want to install a third party utility but here is how I get a clean list in a file and directly to the printer:

open a command prompt
change directories to the location of your library
type this: dir *.* >filename.txt (this creates a text filethat you can do with what you like.)

if you want to output to the printer replace >filename.txt with >prn

good luck.
jon
jseager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #4
dsenior
dsenior began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 and Sony T1
I actually used the command prompt to print a list of books as a text file which I then opened in Word. Not sure how useful it is as it took some editing to get a list that I could use but it was an enjoyable task learning how to use DOS again!
dsenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
sellew
Enthusiast
sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PRS-T2
You can also use DirectoryListPrint, an executable that does not need installation and gives you a structured list of the files of any folder (+ subfolders), with the attributes you choose (date, size, etc.). Then it allows exporting it to Word, Excel or the clipboard.

The free version has some advanced features disabled but it's more than enough (it does all what I mentioned above).

You can download it here
sellew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert