Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
JKPorter
JKPorter began at the beginning.

Device: kindle /kindle2
Aloha from Hawaii!

I am John have been here since 1970 (born in 1955) and I love to READ stories mostly SF but others as well. I use the original kindle and have ordered the KII . I hope it is all that it is being made out to be 'cause I get a lot of use out of the original one LOL! I all so like paper and ink books too. What ever happed to the theory that coputers would do away with all the office paper work any way? Ha Ha!!

JP
JKPorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy your new Kindle Is it nice and warm in Hawaii?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hawaii... I am so jealous.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
What island?

I spent a great week on Kauai about 10 months ago.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Aloha JP and welcome to da kine Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like the Kindle II when it arrives
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
JKPorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy your new Kindle Is it nice and warm in Hawaii?
That sounds like an intersting and daunting task to try for - Where can I see this list ?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPorter View Post
That sounds like an intersting and daunting task to try for - Where can I see this list ?
You can click the link in my signature (it's not highlighted, but it is clickable).
Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
JKPorter

Lets see if I can get a few quick answers in here: Alexander you don't have to be just fly over! Grooks I hope you liked it and will be back and Cassikdym I am on Oahu Honolulu and I used to speak pigin to get by in school but not much any more LOL

JP
Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
You can click the link in my signature (it's not highlighted, but it is clickable).
Send Alex a PM on this. This seems like a bug in the style sheet. I'm pretty sure it should be underlined.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Send Alex a PM on this. This seems like a bug in the style sheet. I'm pretty sure it should be underlined.

BOb
Good point. Will do.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Aloha back atcha It's good to see that I'm not the only one in Hawai'i with an ebook reader! (Feels that way...)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:18 AM   #12
nakatemp
nakatemp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Welcome JK Porter

I miss Hawaii and welcome to the forum. This is my second post, and I had to say hello to someone from Hawaii and remember the warm beaches and sunshine.
nakatemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:34 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPorter View Post
Lets see if I can get a few quick answers in here: Alexander you don't have to be just fly over!
JK, that's easy for you to say. The last time I did that I almost died of exhaustion when I arrived in Honolulu. My trip was like, from Zurich to Frankfurt, from Frankfurt to Chicago (picking up my then-girlfriend), from Chicago to LA, from LA to Honolulu. Next time I will spend a few days in LA to recover first.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote